Labor Market Info
Outreach & Teaching
Testing & Assessment
Trabaja en el Gobierno
Directorio del Servicio Nacional de Empleo
Working in Canada
Education & Training
Pathologist, Next Generation Diagnostics (NGDx)
Job Description About Novartis Institute for Biomedical Research:
The Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research is the global pharmaceutical research organization for Novartis. The NIBR research network is comprised of more than 6,000 scientists, physicians, and business professionals working together across 10 locations around the world to discover innovative medicines that treat diseases with high unmet medical need. Novartis employs more than 2,000 associates in Cambridge, making it the city’s largest private employer and ideally situated in one of the leading life science communities in the world.
NIBR conducts research globally with sites in Emeryville, California; Cambridge, MA; East Hanover, NJ; Basel, Switzerland; Horsham, UK; and Shanghai, China.
About the Next Generation Diagnostics (NGDx) Group
The ability to sequence each patient’s genome in great detail, quickly and inexpensively, is changing the practice of medicine. At NIBR, we are dedicated to the development of therapies that improve clinical outcomes for patients. Next generation sequencing and other cutting-edge molecular characterization technologies will be important tools for discovering breakthrough therapeutics, and for delivering the right medicines to the right patients.
NIBR is launching a new Next Generation Diagnostics (NGDx) group at our global headquarters in Cambridge, MA. The NGDx team will leverage cutting-edge technologies such as next generation sequencing for characterizing human tissues, by individual lesions and by pathway signatures relevant to therapeutic response. The goal is to develop a robust and comprehensive molecular profile for each patient. To this end, the group will begin by developing capabilities to characterize therapeutically relevant genetic lesions and pathway signatures in human cancer.
We are currently seeking a Pathologist for our new NGDx group who will oversee the generation of high quality data and provide accurate interpretation of IHC and histology data in human samples.
Manages, designs, performs, and interprets histological, immunohistochemical, and immunofluorescence studies in support of the NextGeneration Diagnostics group.
• Interprets histology, IHC, and IF studies from research applications.
• Conducts high quality data generation, management and analysis
• Performs a range of genetic and genomic analyses
• Trains and supervises associates in proper laboratory techniques and data management
• Conducts studies that comply with appropriate regulations
• Establishes and maintains a tissue bank
Minimum requirements • Board-certified MD with formal training in anatomic pathology
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in performance and interpretation of IHC and histology studies.
• Strong management and leadership skills, with a proven ability to direct and lead project and cross-functional teams effectively in a dynamic environment
• Independent, self-motivated, and innovative
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills; track record of success working collaboratively
• Demonstrated latitude for independent judgment, decision-making, and action on highly complex scientific experiments and highly specialized techniques.
State or Province
Terms and Conditions
©2000-2020 Candidate Seeker, Inc.
©1994-2020 Brolin Corporation