1. Directly supervises the Cost Accountant, Payroll Coordinator and MRO Buyer.
2. Performs financial analysis each month to ensure that financial statements reasonably reflect the financial activity. Coordinates with Department Managers to summarize items needed to be reviewed in the monthly Operations Review.
3. Coordinates activities with the Plant Manager and Department Managers to formulate and summarize departmental budgets.
4. Coordinates activities with Group/Divisional Finance to ensure accurate and complete list of property. Coordinates activities with Plant Engineer to ensure all disposal and transfers are communicated to Group/Divisional Finance. In conjunction with Manufacturing Engineering, develops and maintains accurate assessment of capital equipment capacity.
5. Plans, supervises and audits annual physical inventory. Reviews results with appropriate management and coordinates corrective actions as needed based on results. Reviews monthly material movement/variances and develops action plans to reduce/eliminate.
6. Assists with all corporate, divisional or outside audits related to financial information or information systems.
7. Reviews and maintains effective systems of scrap reporting. Works with Business Units and Support departments to manage scrap reporting. Coordinates activities with Purchasing and Engineering to ensure scrap is disposed of at the lowest cost while striving for recycling options when effective.
8. Directly or indirectly supervises all activities related to procurement, installation, maintenance and usage of all office equipment, i.e., copiers, postage meters, postage scales, fax machines, terminals, printers, personal computers, telephones switch, public address systems and typewriters.
9. Serves as consultant and advisor on all financial and accounting matters to the Plant Manager and other departmental personnel. Develops new methods of reporting financial information to meet the dynamic needs of the plant.
10. Indirectly supervises the operations regarding Petty Cash and Associate Activity Fund expenditures. Responsible for safeguarding of cash funds, checks and other items of a confidential nature or value.
11. Keeps abreast of current accounting, MIS and/or Purchasing developments related to our industry. Attends meeting and read periodicals to maintain and extend job knowledge.
12. Industrial Engineering functions include Cost Reductions and Standards. Reviews regularly BOM and routings to ensure accurate costs standards. Develops departmental/plant overhead rates so that accurate product costs can be obtained.
13. Participates in training as required.
14. Ensures Housekeeping and Health & Safety Standards are maintained.
15. Complies with policies and procedures pertaining to facility or divisional adopted standards such as TS 16949 and ISO 14001.
16. Utilizes the concepts of continuous improvement and cost reduction in the execution of the job function.
1. Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Management.
2. Minimum 3 years of manufacturing experience, preferably automotive.
3. Experience in Cost Accounting.
4. Minimum 2 years as a Controller preferred.
5. Certified Public Accountant preferred.
State or Province