Samtec, Inc. is seeking a highly technical, experienced Precision Stamping Technician/Toolmaker to work in our high speed, progressive stamping department. This role will work with our Design Engineers and other Stamping Technicians to build, perform repairs and provide preventive maintenance on our high speed progressive stamping dies. We are looking for experience with precision high speed dies (600 – 1000 SPM), carbide and thin copper alloys. Experience in microelectronics is a plus.
The candidate selected will have a minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience in high speed progressive metal stampings, preferably in the electronic connector industry. This individual must also have a sense of urgency, excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills and the ability to communicate effectively.
Desired Skills & Experience
• Ability to handle change over and setup of dies
• Responsible for sharpening carbide punches and dies
• Ability to read and interpret die and product drawings
• Troubleshoot root causes if die not meeting specifications
• Responsible for improving uptime on existing dies
• Provide feedback to die designers and production managers on potential improvement of dies
• Experience in high-speed, precision stamping of thin copper alloys. Electronic products is a plus.
• Experience running production dies in 600-1000 spm range.
• Experience producing components with very tight tolerences, perferably in the electronics industry.
• Hands-on experience with carbide dies including: setup, sharpening, and repair.
State or Province