Materion is one of the world’s premier advanced materials companies, dedicated to providing solutions that enable our customers’ technologies and drive their growth. Materion is a unique, rapidly growing, advanced materials solutions company enabling our customers' high-value technology and long-term success. Our products include precious and non-precious specialty metals, precision optical filters, inorganic chemicals and powders, specialty coatings, specialty engineered beryllium alloys, b....more info
Materion Brush has an opening for a Process Engineer-Casting for the Elmore, Ohio plant. The ideal candidate experience can range from entry level to a senior level engineer. Materion is a global leader in high performance engineered materials that enables customers to meet superior levels of product strength, reliability, miniaturization and weight savings, thermal dissipation, electrical conductivity and reflectivity. We offer competitive salary, incentive bonus opportunity, tuition reimbursement, defined benefit retirement plan plus a 401K plan, comprehensive healthcare and dental coverage and advancement opportunities. We are an equal opportunity employer. ""EOE M/F/D/V""
Duties and Responsibilities The successful candidate will be working on process and production development of casting and alloying projects in the areas of amorphous and aluminum-beryllium alloys. Materion is experiencing aggressive growth in multiple casting fields, and the process engineer will be expected to work on and eventually lead a variety of projects related to the scale-up of these processes.
• Experience with casting and molten metal handling or processing (induction melting, VAR, etc.) of metals such as aluminum, titanium, superalloys, or refractory metals is beneficial.
• Production and sales orders will be managed.
• Quality issues may arise therefore the application of metallurgical principles will be necessary.
Education, Experience and Skills
• Bachelors degree in Material Science or Metallurgical Engineering. Masters degree in Material Science or Metallurgical Engineering preferred
• 0 - 10 plus years of relevant experience preferable or an advanced degree in lieu of experience.
• Knowledge of metal casting processes including investment casting, induction melting, vacuum casting and vacuum arc remelting is preferred.
• Experience with Six Sigma methodology (black belt, green belt, lean manufacturing, etc) preferred.
• Experience using Microsoft Office software is required
• Ability to work safely in a manufacturing environment
• Effective facilitation skills and ability to work with shop floor personnel and on teams with all levels of the organization
• Communication with customers, vendors, peers and cross functional teams is required.
• Strong investigation and problem solving skills required
• Candidate must be a U.S. Citizen or be a lawful Permanent Resident of the United States.
|Materion Brush Beryllium & Composites|
State or Province