IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. is a leader in pet healthcare innovation, serving practicing veterinarians around the world with a broad range of diagnostic and information technology-based products and services. IDEXX products enhance the ability of veterinarians to provide advanced medical care, improve staff efficiency and build more economically successful practices. IDEXX is also a worldwide leader in providing diagnostic tests and information for livestock and poultry and tests for the quality and safety of water and milk. Headquartered in Maine, IDEXX Laboratories employs more than 4,900 people and offers products to customers in over 100 countries.
The Process Engineer II uses applied engineering techniques to develop new processes and refine existing processes. Evaluate and recommend methods of processing materials and chemicals using knowledge of product design, material properties, fabrication processes, tooling, production capabilities, assembly methods and quality standards. Author and approve manufacturing SOPs and conducts training sessions for SOP compliance.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Develop methods for handling and processing of materials and chemicals to comply with design, manufacturing and safety requirements.
· Recommend and justifies equipment / tools used for processing and manage the implementation to meet revenue, capacity plan, cost and quality goals.
· Generate SOPs and conducts training of personnel in the methods and techniques used.
· Guide, consult and perform on-going problem solving and process refinement in collaboration with internal personnel and suppliers.
· Develop specifications associated with process output and determine test methods for specification compliance.
· Work with new product development teams to provide support and services in areas of functional and skill expertise.
· Engineering process owner to support manufacturing to meet daily output and yield goals.
· Perform other duties as required by manager
EDUCATION: BS degree in an engineering discipline or ten years experience in a process/manufacturing engineering capacity.
· Five to seven years experience working in an engineering capacity within manufacturing.
· One to four years experience working within a GMP or ISO 9000 environment.
· Biotech or related industry experience preferred.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Demonstrated skills in manufacturing process development, SOP generation and training.
· Ability to analyze process capability, efficiency, utilization and yield., with demonstrated knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma methods.
· Ability to run failure analysis on materials using complex methods such as SEM, Stress Analysis, FTIR, etc.
· Skilled in problem solving techniques involving statistical tools such as: DOE, ANOVA; variable isolation tools such as: Multivariate Analysis, Kepner Traegoe; etc.
· Ability to read, analyze and interpret specifications, professional journals, technical procedures, government regulations and general business financial models.
· Ability to effectively communicate and present information to technical groups and management at the highest levels within IDEXX and supplier organizations.
· Skilled at managing a project or several projects where other technical resources are required to carry out tasks or subprojects. Requires communication and interpersonal skills to meet job objectives.
· Computer skills in the use of Microsoft products, SAP and other engineering software as required.
· Some intricate work associated with small parts that require good eyesight and eye/hand coordination.
· Up to 5% travel that could include international as well as domestic.
· Requires occasional lifting up to fifty (50) lbs.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Office and industrial environments that require the use of safety and clean room equipment.
State or Province