Who is Mosaic?
The Mosaic Company (www.mosaicco.com), NYSE: MOS, headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a $10 billion company that stands alone as one of the world's leading producers of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients. Our world-class mining and processing operations produce the highest quality fertilizer and animal feed ingredients. As a global leader in nourishing crops and delivering distinctive value to the world's agriculture, Mosaic offers an opportunity to share in an exciting future.
What are our Values?
We consider our employees to be our most valued ingredient. Mosaic employees are richly diverse in their skills, experience and backgrounds. From engineering, operations, finance, HR, marketing and research, our team came to Mosaic not just for a job but a career that makes a positive impact on the world by nourishing the crops our growing population needs.
Are you our next Process Engineer II - Plant Performance?
We are currently seeking a Process Engineer II - Plant Performance for our Wingate, Florida location. This position is responsible for monitoring plant performance, identifying gaps in performance and making recommendations for corrective action in the areas of plant production, recovery, product quality, and cost. The plant engineer interfaces with production management and operators, and conducts various plant tests in support of their assigned location. Key areas of involvement include monitoring equipment and reagent performance, reviewing operator procedures, and conducting operator training. Issues routine reports intended to highlight performance trends – allowing for rapid intervention when appropriate. It is essential to be a self-starter in this position.
What will you do?
• Monitors plant operations and plant data, investigates reasons for sub-standard operation, and makes recommendations for improvement. Conducts operator training as needed.
Interfaces with production personnel in meetings and in the plant.
• Develops new equipment and reagents; conducts test work in the plant to both identify production problems and to verify the appropriateness of new equipment and reagents.
• Provides engineering services in support of process-related capital projects at assigned location.
• Monitors safe work performance and conditions at assigned location.
• Special non-routine projects and duties as requested.
• Be vigilant of issues and conditions that can affect their fellow workers.
• Report any issues that can impact the environment or the safety of the employees.
What do you need for this role?
• Bachelor Degree in Metallurgical, Mining, or Chemical Engineering with Mineral processing focus required.
• 2 or more years Mineral Processing industry experience.
• Working knowledge of MS Excel, Word are essential, beneficial to know VB, or any programming language.
• Familiar with industrial scale Mineral Processing equipment and procedures (specifically Flotation, Classification, Sampling, Process control and instrumentation, plus has basic engineering computer skills).
• May also coordinate the activities of a technician.
• A self-starter that works well with little supervision.
• Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Selected candidates will be required to successfully complete the following:
• Post-offer/pre-placement drug and alcohol screening, background check, physical, functional capacity examination.
• Pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process.
Mosaic is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace.
Mosaic participates in the US E-Verify program.
|The Mosaic Company|
State or Province