|Description: Product & Market Introduction
Saint-Gobain Ceramics in Worcester, MA is part of Saint-Gobain Ceramics & Plastics, a technical leader in the production of advanced and industrial ceramics and their applications. Our constant aim is to develop refractory products and technologies to better serve the foundry, kiln, primary metals and energy markets.
Product brands include Crystar, Crystar RB, Advancer, Cast Cryston, Alundum and Refrax. Markets for these products include ceramics, wear, energy, and primary metals markets. Kiln furniture, including a variety of laboratory setters, setting batts, beams and posts are produced to our customer’s specifications for use in the ceramics market as entire refractory kiln systems or individual components. Cyclone liners, micronizer liners, flue gas desulfurization nozzles, and a variety of shapes are produced for wear applications. Several unique products are manufactured for service in the transfer of molten metals, and a variety of shapes are manufactured to serve the energy market.
Job Responsibilities: Job Goals:
Utilize a multidiscipline, in-depth technical knowledge of engineering principles, theories, and concepts to develop and design new processes and systems for production and to improve existing processes and systems in order to achieve better quality and lower costs. Additionally the incumbent is to act as technical advisor to manufacturing engineers, production supervision and marketing.
• Shows exceptional Safety leadership skills through displaying safe work practices at all times and actively participating in plant Health& Safety& Environmental efforts. Encourages and empowers other staff to do the same.
• The incumbent is the technical expertise for pressed Alumina, SiC and ZrO2 refractory products, and must have the ability to effectively understand the various manufacturing processes in detail.
• Applies engineering principles and concepts from multiple disciplines to improving production and solving problems relative to product and process quality, performance, and cost. Must have experience with raw material, mixing, compaction, drying and firing aspects of Alumina, SiC, ZrO2 or similar ceramic materials.
• Performs statistical analysis of process variables and rejection rates, interprets data and leads resulting process and product improvement projects. Creates, implements and oversees vital quality and process control procedures.
• Participation in cost control programs and the standardization of processes and procedures. Frequent interaction with production personnel to evaluate and solve production problems and to advise on process capability and customer demands.
• Works closely with Marketing, R&D and production management in developing and testing new products and processes before they are introduced into production. Coordinates the integration of prototype items and new materials into the manufacturing process.
• Ensures adherence to the quality guidelines set forth in ISO9001 and ISO14001. Application of lean manufacturing concepts (SPC, 5S, Kaizen, 6sigma) toward improved material formulations, mix quality, product quality, process flow and equipment performance.
Ref. Code: CP6662
|Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics|
State or Province