Abengoa is a technology company that applies innovative solutions for sustainable development in the infrastructure, environment and energy sectors; adding long-term value for our stockholders through the encouragement of entrepreneurship, social responsibility, as well as transparency and efficiency in management.
Rational use of our natural resources and concern for future generations mark the path of Abengoa. Furthermore, what we understand today as sustainable development does not only mean conservation of the environment and the rational use of natural resources for Abengoa, but rather we strive to go beyond this vision, strengthening our commitment to social and human aspects.
At Abengoa, we understand that our traditional activities in engineering are but a valuable tool through which we can build a more sustainable world. If we had to define ourselves in just a few words, we would say, with solar energy, biomass, waste, information technologies and engineering, Abengoa applies innovative technological solutions for sustainable development. Abengoa is thus organized into five business groups, each specializing in a different area, the Focus-Abengoa Foundation and a corporate area.
At Abengoa Bioenergy, we hold as our primary objective to become a reference as a world leader in the production of biofuels, and the development of innovative technological solutions that contribute to the sustainability of the transportation sector and in the production of bio-based chemicals.
To assist and support the process engineering development of new technologies by researching, designing, implementing, and evaluating R&D projects to achieve ABNT goals.
Essential Job Functions
• Develop and evaluate process designs of new technology
• Build process models to evaluate expt., and literature data and document results
• Evaluate process equipment (e.g., vendors) for suitability to process requirements
• Develop P&IDs, equipment specifications, control logic and instrument specifications for new process technology
• Evaluate the process and financial feasibility of potential projects
• Identify process improvement opportunities
• Define and promote continuous improvement of processes and products
• Assist with negotiating partnerships and collaborations
• Control design process in accordance with accepted standards and policies, measure, detect variances and take appropriate corrective measures
• Coordinate, monitor subcontract research activities
• Maintain knowledge of state-of-the-art in field specific area of responsibility
Abengoa Bioenergy provides a competitive salary, including bonus potential, and benefits package to include medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, life insurance, supplemental life insurance, short and long-term disability, 401k with company matching and immediate vesting, relocation assistance, training and development opportunities, paid holidays and vacation benefits.
To be considered for employment, you must be eligible to work in the U.S.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
State or Province