|BASF is proud to be an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Washington Surfactant facility manufactures chemicals used in the production of, among others, detergents, wetting agents, foaming/defoaming liquids. The site operates within cGMP, PSM, Kosher, and TCPA regulations.
This position will have primary responsibility for process engineering support in a batch manufacturing environment including development of basic and detailed design of new processes, equipment additions, or modifications.
· DCS and PLC support and programming including logic and sequence development.
· Management of Change (MOC) process oversight.
· Pre-Startup Safety Reviews
· PHAs and PHA revalidations
· Process control improvements and implementation of identified opportunities.
· Incident/Accident Investigations including Root Cause Analysis.
· Process Flow Diagram and P&ID development and system maintenance.
· Alarm Management program oversight.
· Working closely with the site operations department to improve the efficiency, output and safety of the process.
· Provide support during FDA, PSM, and TCPA audits.
This position also carries significant responsibility for the implementation of small capital projects through all phases including:
scope development, process design, project safety reviews, cost estimating, bidding
construction management including management of outside contractors
development of maintenance and operating procedures
operator and maintenance personnel training
capital project approval process
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
· BS degree in Chemical Engineering with a minimum of 5 years in a Chemical Process/Manufacturing environment.
· Broad knowledge of chemical unit operations, process and mechanical equipment, instrumentation, DCS process controls and Safety Instrumented Systems
· Experience managing outside contractors to safely and efficiently conduct construction activities a plus
· Working knowledge of Triconex and Honeywell DCS system a plus.
· Experience in conducting PHAs including PHA revalidations.
· Analytical and problem solving skills.
· Organizational skills to manage multiple engineering projects simultaneously.
· Knowledge of SAP project and procurement modules preferred.
· Must have generic competencies of analytical thinking, communication and interpersonal understanding, initiative, team working and team leadership, and quality orientation/attention to detail.
· Knowledge of FDA regulations and cGMP preferred.
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Washington
Function: ENGI - Engineering & Technical Service
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: N_EMN-Beauty Care
State or Province