Position Responsibilities (key duties, scope of position, goals, expectations, skill requirements, and travel requirements)
· Advise and participate in the management of the implementation of efficient Vertical Roller Mill grinding processes.
· Actively support Holcim's safety and health initiative and ISO Quality and Environmental policies.
· Provide guidance in grinding and crushing in alignment with plant and company goals.
· Systematically analyze equipment under performance to determine cause and develop solutions.
· Perform technical evaluation as needed to help ensure the success of new installation or modifications to the process.
· Develop and modify standard operating procedures in line with plant and company goals.
· Serve as a coach to develop comprehensive process knowledge throughout the operations department.
· Support and demonstrate the concepts of continuous learning and improvement by managing and implementing successful changes.
· Make technical, economical and operational recommendations of modifications and changes to the plant processes.
· Direct the activities and monitor performance of Mill Operators and Dispatchers.
· Participate in monthly reporting and the budgeting process.
· Travel when required.
· Bachelor's Degree in Engineering required with preference to process, mechanical, chemical or ceramics focus.
Position Dimensions (i.e., communication skills, planning, teamwork, technical knowledge, leadership, initiative)
· Excellent leadership, communication, coaching and interpersonal skills.
· Problem solving and decision making based on information.
· Flexible and capable of adjusting to change.
· Able to organize teams and set priorities to meet goals and objectives.
· Self-starting abilities and willingness to take action to resolve problems.
· Demonstrate technical proficiency in areas of responsibility
Other Related Experiences Required or Preferred
· Good understanding of raw and finish grinding systems.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office software, SAP, AUTOCAD or similar CAD software, and data base management.
State or Province