Labor Market Info
Outreach & Teaching
Testing & Assessment
Trabaja en el Gobierno
Directorio del Servicio Nacional de Empleo
Working in Canada
Education & Training
Product Manager, Ground Mount Modules
Our high growth and leadership position in the renewable energy business offers outstanding opportunities to individuals seeking an exciting work environment in one of the most important industries for the 21st century. First Solar is a leader in the development and manufacturing of thin film solar modules used in grid-connected solar power plants, as well as a provider of complete solar generation solutions for U.S. utilities. Our culture is one where teamwork, continuous improvement, achievement of results, and environmental responsibility are core values. We are seeking new associates who are motivated to contribute their talents to making cost-effective solar energy an important part of the worlds energy mix.
Basic Job Functions : Primary Relationships: Technology, Operations/supply chain, Strategic Marketing, Sales, Technical Sales, Business Development, Product Management-Systems, Product Management Systems/O&M/Performance Guarantee
Manages and Executes the Global Product Strategy/Action items for Modules with focus on Ground Mount Applications from Idea Definition to End of Life for First Solar targeted markets.
Leads/cross-functionally manages the development and approval of the global module product plan deliverables in alignment with targeted buyer segment strategies, corporate strategy and business objectives.
· Professional Experience - seven to ten years of professional experience including leading/management of in-direct teams. Experience in a rapidly growing, publically traded organization is preferred.
· Functional Experience minimum of five years of product management experience that includes working at both the electrical component and systems levels.
· Industry Experience Ideally the candidate should have a background in the Solar Industry with designated experience from companies that are known for their exceptional product management skills in the industry. Other relevant industries include: industrial and high tech
· Geographic Experience Experience serving customers in multiple geographies is required
· An undergraduate degree in engineering is essential. A Masters of Science or MBA is preferred.
Required Skills :
o Demonstrated experience leading indirect cross-functional teams
o Demonstrated experience segmenting markets, collecting VOC, defining and prioritizing needs using QFD, defining market requirements, defining product requirements
o Competitive analysis using gaming techniques
o Total life cycle management analysis
o Strong presentation and written skills; must be able to communicate across multiple regions and language barriers.
Customer Engagement Skills:
o Ability to engage and communicate with customers all organizational levels.
General Business/Process Skills:
o Demonstrated ability to define and manage a business case and/or plan
o Experience leading and working within a phased gated product development system
Leads cross functional sub-teams in the development of select global module product plans that includes definition of .
Target Buyer Segments and Business Objectives
Forecasted Demand with Defined Scenarios and Drivers
Prioritized Market and Functional Requirements
Product Positioning Strategy/Target Value Proposition
Product Level Competitive Analysis/War-Gaming
Product Strategy and Product Roadmap with Defined
Go to Market Plan
Functional Strategies that support Product Strategy and Go to Market Plan
Demonstrates and aligns Product Strategy with Target Buyer Segment Strategies, and Corporate Strategy
· Leads phase-gated New Product Introduction Process through Business Case/product Requirements Approval for Module Products/Projects that impact Form/Fit/Function
· Leads cross functional teams in the product life cycle management for ground mount modules; including but not limited to
Market/Product Regulatory requirements
Product Metric/Continuous Improvement (Cost, Quality, Delivery, Customer Sat, etc..)
· Leads and manages cross-functional team in the development of key Product Technical Collateral/Sales Tools and Commercial Policy, including:
Product Documentation Kit
Product Application Notes/White Papers
Product Economic Value Proposition Vs. Competing Alternatives
· Supports Business Development/Technical Sales in Customer/Channel Product Training.
· Regularly interacts with industry leaders and the learning community in order to stay abreast of industry changes
· Supports Technical Sales in customer engagements defined by the customer need to understand product specification and/or the product strategy and roadmap
· Leads responsible action items for regular Product Plan Reviews to ensure organizational alignment around the evolving strategy and plan development
· Will sit and stand periodically during the day.
· Required to lift up to 25 lbs.
· Will walk and climb stairs.
· Will reach over shoulder heights and below waist.
· Required to use hands to lift, handle, carry or feel.
· May be required to kneel, bend, talk and hear.
· Specific vision abilities are required.
First Solar is a world leader in the manufacture of photovoltaic (PV) solar modules, and a premier provider of comprehensive PV solar systems. By enabling clean, renewable electricity at competitive prices, First Solar provides an economically and environmentally viable alternative to peaking fossil-fuel electricity generation. First Solar has set the benchmark for environmentally responsible product life cycle management by introducing the industrys first prefunded, comprehensive collection and recycling program for solar modules. From raw material sourcing through end-of-life collection and recycling, First Solar is focused on creating value-driven renewable energy solutions that protect and enhance the environment.
First Solar, Inc.
State or Province
Terms and Conditions
©2000-2021 Candidate Seeker, Inc.
©1994-2021 Brolin Corporation