|The Product Manager will have 5 years of Product Management experience in Health Information Management or healthcare IT, with experience managing business intelligence projects and project management experience. They will be responsible for moving existing products forward as market demands change, determining longevity of product and product line, and preparing business case to substantiate the creation of new products and services. Coordinate all aspects of product development, delivery and management for assigned product or application(s). Maintain overall responsibility for a specific product or application through the entire life cycle (project assessment through product release).
Duties and Responsibilities
* Participate in the development of a corporate strategy for product development and direction
* Develop strategic product plans for specific product(s)/application(s). Provide assessments to assist in the determination of long-term strategies, development priorities and fiscal viability of planned products. Included in the development is:
* Create functional requirement documents based on input from user groups, sales, and market research of competitive offerings.
* Reach consensus with sales/marketing and development management regarding product requirements
* Identify and document QuadraMed's distinctive competence for the product line. Conduct competitive review to ensure we meet or exceed the standards of our competitors for the product.
* Research and understand prospective client issues with the product and use this knowledge to develop product features, which address those issues
* Build business case and generate detailed business plan for new product(s) and subsequent release(s) to ensure maximum return on the investment of time and resources utilized on the product. Assume overall responsibility for assuring completion of requirements outlined for specific application(s). Track the development of the product through all phases of the development cycle.
* Evaluate Sales funnel and market trends and translate the analysis into product features and benefits to ensure optimum market penetration
* Develop and maintain competitive pricing program for product based on market conditions and competitors pricing models
* Create the product plan to serve as the overall schedule. Included in the plan will be the rationale for development along with a schedule for the design, build, test, validation, and release to sales. The product plan will represent an amalgamation of information provided by internal, (i.e., sales and marketing) and external, (existing clients, prospective clients and the consulting industry) sources.
* Insure product plan tracks with the version control of other product plans in progress.
* Communicate product plan to internal and external constituents.
* Understand the available technologies and their application to product development.
* Manage and monitor product plan with periodic updates to management highlighting any changes in content, development timelines and delivery.
* Maintain overall responsibility for assuring completion of requirements outlined for specific application(s).
* Assist sales/marketing with marketing strategy, sales training, product consultant training, roll-out strategies and prototype development.
* Create positioning statements for the product to be used in sales and marketing efforts.
* Coordinate Product Advisory Board and User Group meetings and select customer/QuadraMed participants.
* Facilitate integration with other product applications.
* Monitor revenue and ensure profitability of the product line. Provide direct input into budget/revenue projections for product line.
* Establish, maintain and facilitate cooperative working relationships among all groups working on the application. Establish Beta Site guidelines (contract, selection and test period).
* Participate in Industry Conferences.
* Manage customer related issues escalated by sales or customer services.
* Other duties as required by business conditions or as assigned
Education and Knowledge
* Bachelors degree in Health Information Management, Healthcare IT or related field is required
* An AHIMA credential of RHIA or RHIT is preferred but not required
* 5 years of Product Management experience in Health Information Management, Healthcare IT or related field
* Experience with managing business intelligence products is highly desired
* Data mining or data analytics experience desired
* 3 years project management experience managing complex projects or product lifecycle is desired
* 3 years marketing experience preferred
Skills and Abilities
* Excellent oral and written communication skills sufficient to interact effectively and productively with internal staff and external customers and business partners
* Excellent planning, organization and project management skills are required
* Ability to facilitate interactions and assist groups in achieving consensus is essential
* Computer keyboard and word processing skills sufficient to meet production and quality standards
* Must be authorized to work in the United States
* Must have, or successfully acquire, a Federal Background Investigation (medium-level clearance) through QuadraMed
* Travel varies but is anticipated to be 25-50%. Must be available to travel as needed to meet business needs.
State or Province