|About the Job
All candidates must apply online through the Aspen Aerogels, Inc. Career page. Click here to apply to this position.
The position of Production Engineer is responsible for supporting manufacturing personnel and manufacturing process on a day-to-day basis through troubleshooting, planning and by identifying and implementing cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods. These improvements will be in accordance with product specifications and quality standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
o Provide technical support during project start-up
o Assist in the definition and administration of the quality control plan
o Identify, troubleshoot and address issues interfering with full asset utilization
o Lead root cause investigations when necessary
o Identify and address system/equipment failure(s)
o Implement improvements on existing processes based on process data analysis
o Troubleshoot process issues using the DCS
o Work with manufacturing personnel to troubleshoot issues
o Develop and implement code changes to improve processes
o Troubleshoot instrument issues
o Identify and specify new instrumentation
• Perform product/process analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement, and improved
• Assist in improving systems in production control, standard operating procedures, safety, quality control and training.
• Assist in sustaining process control resources to support manufacturing goals.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor degree in Engineering is required, BSME or BSChE preferred.
• Minimum 2 years experience in a manufacturing environment is required, chemical manufacturing experience is preferred.
• Experience in process controls, process optimization and production support.
• Must have demonstrated experience effectively using process control systems in a manufacturing environment.
Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, LTD/STD, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, 401k
Aspen Aerogels is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/V/D. No phone calls please.
State or Province