|Hawbaker Engineering employs the best and brightest the design and construction industries have to offer. We organize our project teams to meet the unique needs of each project saving you time and money without sacrificing quality, service, or reliability.
Assist in the completion of a variety of conventional and moderately-complex site engineering and land development assignments, such as drawings, specifications, estimates and other materials for procurement and construction purposes. Utilize CAD/CAE as applicable and apply engineering techniques and analyses within the site/civil engineering discipline. May be assigned to a project team, or work as a lead engineer for a small to intermediate sized project. This exempt position will work with indirect supervision.
* Service as a site/civil design engineer, performing assignments and/or participating with other engineers, technical staff, and consultants in developing, implementing and evaluating engineering plans, work processes, systems and procedures.
* Prepare project feasibility and cost estimates.
* Develop and/or review engineering specifications to comply with company standards.
* Develop project schedules and work sequences; set up and perform progress and quality reviews.
* Participate with the Engineering Services Manager and others in developing and implementing engineering standards and priorities for the company. Interpret and apply standards in designs and review of consultant work.
* Conduct engineering studies to evaluate the feasibility of proposed or ongoing projects or methods, or to determine solutions to existing field problems; assemble and evaluate technical data.
* Analyze impact on stormwater and sanitary sewer collections systems.
* Review plans and specifications prepared by other engineers and technicians for compliance with project standards, codes and accepted engineering practices.
* Coordinate engineering inspections to review compliance with approved designs and plans. Verify compliance with accepted engineering practices and the provision of pertinent laws and regulations.
* Drive and travel to supplier, client or construction site locations.
* Exercise proper care and maintenance of company equipment.
* Occasionally work more than 40 hours per week and non-traditional hours including evening hours and Saturdays.
* Perform additional assignments per supervisors direction.
* Engineering theory, principles, practices, materials, costs, construction techniques and trends, regulations, standards and equipment.
* Working knowledge of engineering contract administration.
* Working knowledge of and skill in designing projects that involve sequencing of project steps, including but not limited to: survey plat prep; horizontal layout; grading; E&S controls; stormwater design and management practices; sanitary, water and other utility design; landscape and hardscape design; site lighting design; Highway Occupancy Plans; and required permitting and approval actions.
* In-depth knowledge of computer-aided-design and computer-aided engineering programs.
* Knowledge of land development, hydrology, and hydraulics.
* Learn and follow HE Company policies and procedures.
* Organize, coordinate, and review progress and compliance of engineering projects.
* Prepare, administer, and monitor a project budget.
* Interpret and apply rules, regulations, laws and ordinances.
* Prepare and interpret engineering plans and specifications.
* Analyze technical design engineering, construction engineering, and surveying problems.
* Read design and construction-related drawings.
* Use AutoCAD and related engineering software.
* Perform mathematical computations using physics, algebra, analytic geometry, and statistical analysis.
* Organize and sequence work associated with complex projects, converting them into project action plans.
* Work as contributing member of a team, work productively and cooperatively with other teams and external customers, and convey a positive image of the company and its services.
* Prepare project specifications, requests for proposals, process documentation, and communications suitable for external distribution.
* Convey technical engineering concepts, to facilitate and guide other professional, trades, and technical employees, and to work cooperatively with internal and external customers.
* Certification as an Engineer in Training.
* A valid drivers license for the state in which you reside with acceptable driving record per
company minimum standards for drivers.
* Must have strong technical writing and communication skills.
* Bachelors degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited program with a major in Civil, Structural or a closely related Engineering discipline.
* Prefer two years of progressively responsible civil engineering experience with emphasis on site design and land development projects.
* OSHA 10 hour
* Leadership Training
* Annual Safety Training
* 24 Continuing Education Units per 3 year period, if licensed
* Ability to work in a standard office environment, use standard office equipment.
* Ability to perform field work on a daily or intermittent basis.
* Ability to sit at a desk or in a vehicle on a daily basis.
* Ability to walk and stand during field activities on an intermittent basis.
* Ability to bend, squat, kneel or twist while working in field.
* Ability to perform simple and power grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation.
* Ability to sit/ operate a motor vehicle for extended periods of time.
* Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
* Ability to stand, climb, and hike to conduct field and survey work.
* Hearing and speech to communicate in person and by telephone.
* Ability to work in field environment with exposure to extreme temperatures, inclement weather and dust.
* Good memory and recall necessary for accurate and timely transfer of data/information.
State or Province