Within the Business Unit of Water Design and Development, there is an opportunity for the position of Project Manager for Elster AMCO Water, Inc in Ocala, Fl.
The Business Unit Water is undertaking an ambitious programme to reduce our reliance on brass/bronze supplies by introducing lower cost designs or commodity exchange to polymer bodies on some of our high volume products. These projects are in various stages of the New Product Introduction process.
To enable these projects to flourish, a cross functional team including; product management, design and development will need to be established, and the Project Manager position in Ocala is a key component to completing this team.
This position will be responsible for coordinating design and development activities in the USA and Europe including the required acceptance testing while ensuring that the products are introduced into Ocala smoothly and effectively.
· Full responsibility for managing multiple design and development new product introduction projects (including feasibility, design and implementation) that are delivering new products into a high volume, cost sensitive manufacturing environment.
· Responsible for determining the size/scope of projects and preparing the project plan including resource planning to identify and resolve situations, requirements, deliverables, associated risks, cost targets and budgets.
· Coordination of activities both in the UK and the USA to bring the designs to commercial launch. This includes ensuring the projects adhere to the planned timescales, projected budgets (both project and product) and deliver to their intended objectives.
· Coordination the project activities with the Supply Management department to ensure that they are inline with global supply chain initiatives and internal product launch readiness (Gate Model).
· Development of reliability and quality assurance plans in USA to fully test and assure product compatibility with installation environments.
· Ensure the developments are managed through the Gate Model process, detailing all stages and activities necessary for each stage of the projects, including but not limited to P-Diagram, D&PFMEA, DVP&R and Control Plans.
· Leading the introduction process in USA by leading the Process Engineering teams activities to establish appropriate manufacturing equipment, documentation, training for applicable teams.
· Preparation and presentation of monthly status reports for and to the Elster Group executive team.
This position will report to the VP of Engineering & QA in the USA and will also regularly liaise with the Director of Global NPI Programmes in the UK. The execution of these duties will be supported by a close working relationship with the Product Manager responsible for these products in the USA, the VP of Technology located in the UK .
•Qualifications:Ř Degree or equivalent in mechanical engineering or project management is preferred. Alternative degrees will be considered based with experience and proven industry results.
Ř A professional project management qualification would be well regarded.
•Experience:At least 6years experience in one or more of the following areas:
o Project Management in a multidisciplinary design and development NPI environment. Managing projects in an inter-company environment across different timezones is an advantage.
o New Product Introduction processes in a high volume manufacturing environment including a good knowledge of mechanical design and manufacturing techniques which would likely include plastic injection moulding.
o Product release engineering.
o Materials analysis.
|Elster AMCO Water|
State or Province