The Project Engineer is responsible for leading, coaching and implementing process improvement projects (using Lean, Six Sigma, and other HyPerformance Improvement Practices) within the consumable business to increase customer satisfaction, enhance quality, reduce cost, improve safety, and increase earnings.
• Project Management: Acts as a Change Agent to apply Lean, Six-Sigma, and Project Planning and Management to lead teams through improvement projects that will achieve cost reduction targets.
• Independently develops and executes a process improvement project plan that significantly impacts the business. Project team may be highly cross-functional.
• Ensures consistent and accurate communication of project status to key stakeholders.
• Coaching & Training: Attends and participates in Lean and Six-Sigma trainings offered within Hypertherm. Develops and delivers Lean and Six-Sigma training to drive learning and understanding to promote continuous improvement in the organization.
• Coaches associates across the consumable team on Lean and Six-Sigma practices, principles and tools.
• Coach and assist in accreditation of associates in Green Belt Training.
• Facilitation: Assists project teams in establishing goals and common objectives through consensus driven decision-making, resulting in organizational change and process improvements.
• Provides structured processes (e.g. brainstorming, 5 whys) to assist kaizen and project teams in defining and achieving goals.
• Adapts existing processes to support kaizen and project teams.
• Participates or leads other projects or assignments as needed.
• Develops and is responsible for effective communication processes to continually improve team climate.
• B.S. in Engineering or equivalent
• 3 years of manufacturing floor engineering experience
• Demonstrated technical leadership abilities
• Strong analytical skills
• Advanced project management skills
• Advanced problem solving skills
• Knowledge of lean and six sigma practices
• Experienced change agent
• Demonstrated facilitation skills
• Computer skills (MS Office proficiency, statistical analysis tools, solid works)
• Experience in an industrial or technical related field
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Experience in training design and delivery
• B.S. or higher in Engineering with 2+ years experience as a Black Belt
• Comfortable working in any type of business setting (e.g. office, production, supplier, customer)
• Some travel required (5 -10%)
State or Province