|Nautilus is an ""A+ X"" (Superior) rated member of the W.R. Berkley Corp., a Fortune 500 company. We specialize in providing excess and surplus lines commercial property and casualty insurance coverage.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Property Litigation Specialist. As a Property Litigation Specialist you will efficiently and effectively handle complex litigation and commercial losses in a paperless environment.
Responsibilities of the Property Litigation Specialist include (but are not limited to):
- Reviewing and creating new loss assignments.
- Establishing appropriate initial loss and expense reserves.
- Analyzing and interpreting policy language.
- Drafting coverage correspondence, including reservation of rights and coverage disclaimer, along with composing other detailed correspondence to insureds, claimants, attorneys, etc.
- Proactively managing complex litigation and commercial first-party claim files, including identification and investigation of coverage, reviewing and evaluating building estimates and business income exposure, determination and efficient execution of an appropriate plan of action, and prompt, economical file resolution.
- Appropriately and clearly documenting all claim file activity.
- Consistently demonstrating comprehensive coverage analysis, investigation, evaluation and negotiation skills at an advanced level.
- Directing and controlling the activities/costs of outside vendors.
- Effectively presenting and discussing loss facts and issues in roundtable discussions.
- Composing and transmitting Large Loss Reports and other reporting documents as appropriate.
- Obtaining all required state adjuster licenses and maintaining them as required. Attending seminars and training events and providing feedback.
- Serving as a technical resource within the Department through mentoring and knowledge-sharing.
- Participating in projects and initiatives as required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Successful candidate will:
- Have a high school diploma or GED (some college preferred) and possess a minimum of fifteen (15) years of insurance experience.
- Demonstrate an intermediate knowledge of computer programs in a Windows environment required.
- Have CPCU, AIC, AEI or completion of other insurance-related classes is preferred. Certificates as required by states.
- Make evident an ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
Nautilus believes their employees are their greatest asset and have made significant contributions to consistent underwriting results. We foster an environment of accountability, teamwork and integrity. Our motivated employees have built an impeccable reputation for our firm serving the Excess and Surplus Lines industry. Nautilus Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including comprehensive medical insurance, dental, life/AD&D, both short- and long-term disability insurance and a great 401(k)/Profit Sharing plan.
|Nautilus Insurance Group, LLC|
State or Province