Develops, implements, and coordinates quality assurance program in order to ensure that customers’ needs are met or exceeded. Ensures that quality systems are both followed and effective. Provides technical support for the other groups and provides customer support at a variety of levels.
Responsibilities & Duties
· Champion health and safety initiatives within the quality functions to ensure employee safety.
· Provide expectations, accountability and direction to direct reports, and ensure all quality personnel are trained in and consistently execute policies, procedures, and work instructions.
· Design and implement a process control plan to ensure customer satisfaction and to minimize the total cost of quality.
· Lead the policy deployment process within the quality assurance function.
· Own, manage, and provide oversight to the quality management system.
· Manage customer relationships relative to customer needs, concerns, dissatisfactions, audits, inspections, etc.
· Be a productive member of the market and management teams of the business.
· Support an operating culture that promotes involvement, communication, mutual trust & respect, expectations and accountability, and a passion for excellence.
· Own and role model Plymouth Tube values and behaviors to develop and transform the Company culture. Ensure that these values and behaviors are a part of everyday life at Plymouth Tube.
· Lead problem solving teams and kaizen events in order to improve operating performance.
· A bachelor degree in engineering or comparable technical degree. A minimum of five years manufacturing experience is required.
· Must have a good understanding of statistical methods.
· Must demonstrate the ability to get things done through others.
· Must be self-motivated, have a high sense of urgency, be able to problem solve complex situations, and be resourceful.
· Experience in lean manufacturing and/or six sigma techniques is required.
· To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
State or Province