|Position Details Senior process and quality engineer position in a manufacturing process involving radiation curing, electroplating, embossing, printing, web handling and converting equipment. Responsibility for process improvement with emphasis on reducing process variation, improving product consistency, improving productivity and reducing production costs. Lead teams in FMEA, Kaizen, Root Cause Analysis as well as process documentation via creating and updating work instructions and batch records. Design and execute trial plans and change control protocols for development of new products as well as improving production efficiencies for existing products.
Position is with a manufacturing company.
Additional experience and responsibilities to include:
1. Responsible for Quality System improvements including raw material specifications, test method development, change control and traceability.
2. Root cause analysis and implementation of corrective action for process related concerns.
3. Assist Quality manager in establishing, implementing and maintaining the quality management system.
4. Responsible for continual improvement activities to enhance the quality system, such as 5S, Kaizen lean methods, etc.
5. Process development and chemical analysis.
6. Interface with Engineering and Operations to ensure transfer to Production of new products are in accordance with approved data.
7. Support the Quality Inspectors to ensure that products and processes comply with the relevant requirements of the quality management system.
8. Conduct audits, including closing out audit findings, creating audits finding reports and determine proper corrective and preventive actions.
9. Analyze failure, corrective and preventive action to respond to customer complaints.
10. Continuously improving QA receiving inspection process and procedures.
11. Develop and maintain systems for the collection of process data. Identify sources of variations as well as conduct root cause analysis for major product defects. Implement corrective actions to improve product yields.
12. Provide process input on required capital upgrades to improve process capability.
13. Ensure timely resolution of supplier failure, corrective actions and preventive actions.
14. Manage suppliers’ performance and conduct audits.
Required Qualifications B.S. degree in engineering (ME, ChemE) with experience in process engineering and quality engineering.
Minimum 5 - 7 years experience
State or Province