|Division: Production & Supply
Function: Technology / Projects
State/Province: North Carolina [NC]
Country: United States [US]
Position Title: R&D Engineer
Job ID: 3317
- The primary duty of the R&D Engineer is to manage the discovery, development, modification and implementation of packaging, product delivery and product preservation solutions, and to continually scan the external environment for new product and packaging technologies and identify those of potential commercial interest to the company.
The specific duties of the position include the following:
1) identify changing scientific, technical and commercial trends and influence the direction and pace of product and packaging research and development (R&D) to maximize their value to the business;
2) initiating and managing science and technology programs to research, develop, evaluate and implement new packaging, products, and product preservation technologies;
3) using scientific and technical expertise to support the development of new product and packaging solutions;
4) communicating strategic business value of packaging science and technology to a non-technical audience and actively influence how these technologies are used by Syngenta;
5) utilizing diverse intellectual property strategies to ensure the creation and protection of Syngentaís intellectual property;
6) reviewing and applying diverse scientific strategies to improve product quality and reduce manufacturing costs; and
7) managing science/technology research and development projects applying diverse intellectual property strategies.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
This position requires a Masterís degree or equivalent in industrial design, packaging, packaging engineering or related field and two (2) years of related experience.
The position also requires two (2) years of demonstrated experience with each of the following:
1) Packaging design and engineering in support of manufacturing and production.
2) Reviewing and applying diverse scientific strategies to improve product quality and
reduce manufacturing costs.
3) Researching, evaluating, developing and implementing new packaging, products, and product preservation technologies and solutions.
4) Experience managing technical research and development projects with a focus on creating and securing intellectual property.
All experience may have been gained concurrently.
Nearest Major Market: Greensboro
Job Segments: Agribusiness, Agricultural, Agriculture, Engineer, Engineering, Industrial Design, Manufacturing, Manufacturing Engineer, Operations, Package Design, R&D, R&D Engineer, Research, Supply
State or Province