Labor Market Info
Outreach & Teaching
Testing & Assessment
Trabaja en el Gobierno
Directorio del Servicio Nacional de Empleo
Working in Canada
Education & Training
R&D Scientist 1,2,3 or Sr.
Division: Biological Assessment
Function: Product Evaluation
State/Province: Mississippi [MS]
Country: United States [US]
Position Title: R&D Scientist 1,2,3 or Sr.
Job ID: 3329
The R&D scientist will be a member of the Southern BR&D team with full-time responsibilities for the Crop protection territory of Mississippi.
- Conduct and coordinate quality efficacy trials, contributing to the biological profiling and label development of new and registered product concepts
- Contribute to or lead project planning and defining experimental objectives; ensuring
trial implementation; generating or acquiring data and info
- Summarize trial data and provide development recommendations, identify development
opportunities for product label expansion and new uses and new solutions
- Coordinate trials with university and extension cooperators, to assure appropriate representation and recommendation of Syngenta products and solutions
- Provide technical support and training; coordinate demonstration trials for internal and customer training/education.
- Provides technical data and information in support of special local, state and regional labeling actions
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
Critical knowledge: :
- Ph.D. (or M.S. with equivalent years of experience) in one of the agricultural sciences such as entomology, plant pathology or weed science with training and experience in applied sciences preferred.
- Experience conducting biological field trials to evaluate the efficacy and crop response of insect, disease or weed control products, and related experimental techniques
Critical technical, professional and personal capabilities:
- Excellent people skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and statistical skills
- Self sufficient and excellent time management skills
Critical leadership capabilities:
- Clearly convey information and ideas; encourage open and continuous communication; keen to listen and learn
- Actively participate as members of a team to move the team toward completion of goals; collaborate effectively across organizational boundaries
- Deliver on commitments; set aspirational goals and work tenaciously to reach or exceed them
Critical Success Factors & Key Challenges:
- Generate critical data to support business objectives
- Timely and complete reporting on information
- Strong organizational skills to complete large field programs
- Successful interaction with peers and technical management
- Conduct quality in-house trials
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
- Travel requirements – 25%
- Must signa Non-Compete if offered this position.
State or Province
Terms and Conditions
©2000-2020 Candidate Seeker, Inc.
©1994-2020 Brolin Corporation