This position is at the Assistant Vice President level and reports to the Vice President, Worldwide Property Pricing and Product Manager. As a Product Manager for the Property line of business you will assist in managing all aspects of Chubb's value-added property product offerings. Responsibilities include:
* Coordinate the rate review process for specific jurisdictions.
* Work with field representatives and Actuarial staff to address outcomes of rate indications by developing pricing and/or underwriting strategies that contribute to growth while maintaining profitability and target market focus.
* Work with Actuarial staff and Home Office team in development of recommendations from multivariate pricing analysis and predictive modeling work.
* Evaluate market competitiveness. This includes: working with Analytics team and field representatives to determine pricing competitiveness, having an understanding of market drivers for the property lines of business and evaluating competitive advantages/disadvantages of our products.
* Oversee implementation of rate changes/pricing strategies ensuring deadlines are met, changes are accurate and appropriate regulatory approval is obtained.
* Manage the inflow of bulletins and state regulatory changes, taking appropriate action to ensure compliance.
* Assist in development and implementation of underwriting guidelines.
* Assist the audit team on specific underwriting reviews.
* Act as the home office underwriting resource to the field to:
- Assist branches in yearly strategic planning
- Provide information and answer questions from field on underwriting, rating, etc.
* Assist Personal Lines Training and Education with the instruction of property underwriting and rating.
* Undergraduate degree in business or math with superior academic performance
* At least 5 years experience in the insurance industry, preferably in an actuarial or corporate pricing role
* Familiarity with multivariate pricing segmentation and underwriting models.
* Data-driven decision maker; able to complete thorough research and investigation, yet make decisions in a reasonable time frame
* Broad understanding of property lines of business including rate indications, pricing, and coverage. This includes an understanding of geographic and regulatory issues/concerns.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Excellent negotiation, analytical and organizational skills with the ability to balance the strategic and the tactical
* Ability to effectively work independently and with established teams
* Experience with High Valued Products desired
* Experience with broad range of geographic jurisdictions desired
* Proficient with all Microsoft Office Products (Excel, Powerpoint, Word, etc.)
State or Province