If you are looking for an uncommon opportunity -- a chance to join an organization known for its scientific excellence in the research and development of pharmaceuticals -- it's time to consider Regeneron.
Regeneron is a fully integrated biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron markets three products in the United States, EYLEA (R) (aflibercept) Injection, ZALTRAP (R) (ziv-aflibercept) Injection for Intravenous Infusion, and ARCALYST (R) (rilonacept) Injection for Subcutaneous Use. Regeneron has filed a regulatory application with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for a second indication for EYLEA. Phase 3 studies are in progress with EYLEA in two additional indications and with product candidates sarilumab and REGN727. Regeneron has active research and development programs in many disease areas, including ophthalmology, inflammation, cancer, and hypercholesterolemia.
Regeneron Pharmaceuticals is looking for a Sr. Staff Scientist, to be responsible for conducting evaluations of potential antibody targets for use in the development of drug candidates using Regeneron's VelocImmune monoclonal antibody technology.
Working as a member of the Target Information Group, and utilizing expertise in genetic/genomic analysis and immunology, this person will conduct in-depth analysis of protein targets and/or target families such as assessing gene expression, protein structure/function, and biological/medical relevance. Investigations may include the analysis of large data sets from human and mouse studies (QTL, SNP and GWAS) directed to understanding the molecular basis of human disease. The ideal candidate will be responsible for searching, assembling and translating the biology and genetics of target-disease associations and providing an assessment of the strengths and weakness of different analytical methods and individual studies. This will necessitate working closely with members of each of the Regeneron Therapeutic Focus Areas (TFA's) to identify specific target(s) and disease indications and to deliver in a timely fashion, a balanced analysis for each topic and which may require consultations with internal and external experts in multiple therapeutic areas.
While the analysis may vary between TFA's, reports generated by the Target Information Group shall include:
- a detailed review of all relevant publications
- genomic and gene expression analysis, identification of trends in research, preclinical, and clinical activities in academia/industry on the target/therapeutic areas
- review of patent landscape around targets and the analysis of new therapeutic opportunities surrounding novel drug candidates or disease mechanisms.
Importantly, the information is to be translated directly to TFA groups, as well as to internal ""knowledge base"" resources for archiving and sharing across research and development groups.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Reviews and evaluates targets, opportunities and potential strategies for early and late stage drug development across a wide range of therapeutic areas.
- Writes summary reports and presents reviews and recommendations to research teams and management.
- Contributes to the development and optimization of ""knowledge base"" intranet resources
and facilitate archiving, sharing and leveraging of development program review information.
- Participates in complex biological evaluations, detailed genomic database and literature reviews and consultations with experts in multiple therapeutic areas.
- Analyzes development opportunities from the research perspective across wide range of therapeutic areas.
Knowledge and Specialized Skills:
The ideal candidate must have demonstrated the ability to identify key information sources and analyze public literature, the ability to mine gene/protein, patent and proprietary databases and to prepare concise summaries on a range of topics. In addition, they must remain flexible in taking on new tasks and establish credibility and rapport as well as communicate effectively with research colleagues and senior management. Experience working with cross-functional teams or in a matrix environment is highly desired.
Preference given to candidates with experience in the following areas
- Immunology and/or Infectious Disease
- Bioinformatics/System Biology and/or Database Mining
- Antibody/ Recombinant Protein Therapeutics
Education and Experience:
The position requires Ph.D., Pharm.D or M.D. and a minimum of three (3) years postdoctoral experience in a matrix environment in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry, or in academic or governmental cross-disciplinary teams. Extensive experience in basic or translational research related to target identification, validation, drug discovery and drug development required.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including stock incentives, 401k with company match as well as the expected health and welfare benefits. Comprehensive relocation benefits are available, as required.
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply to us today and find out what we mean when we say that, at Regeneron, we have an unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
State or Province