|Job Description Summary:
The engineer will work with both engineering and manufacturing groups to implement, enhance, and develop production process flows for focal plane array (optoelectronic) devices. The candidate will need to be able to analyze and enhance current optoelectronic assembly/packaging techniques including: die placement, package sealing, wirebonding, bump bonding, and flip-chip hybridization/bonding technologies and work to get improvements transitioned from engineering into the manufacturing process flow. The engineer will be the go-to person in the cleanroom for troubleshooting manufacturing and engineering problems with semiconductor optoelectronic device assembly/packaging.
- Enhancing assembly/packaging process flows (wirebond/flip chip)
- Failure analysis and corrective action implementation
- Developing process flows for next generation packages
Basic Qualifications: Minimum of five years of electronics industry experience -- particularly in semiconductors with optoelectronic assembly/packaging and/or focal plane array assembly/packaging. In-depth knowledge of technologies such as wirebonding, seam sealing, and flip-chip bonding. Experience with flip chip bonding of focal plane arrays in particular is desired. Ability to work within a cleanroom environment. Ability to analyze assembly/packaging process flows, and work to improve them through experiments, research, and failure analysis. Familiarity with adhesives and adhesive selection as well as soldering processes is a plus. Experience with SAP, Oracle, or Agile a plus. Experience in Design of Experiments (DOE), Statistical Process Control (SPC), Root Cause Analysis, Lean/Six Sigma Manufacturing, etc. is desireable.
* Automatic Die bonding (Newport / MRSI M5 desired)
* Manual Wire bonder (K&S desired)
* Automatic Wire bonders (K&S 8060 Desired)
* Seam Sealer
* Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Engineering discipline required; Masters or Doctoral Degrees in Mechanical or Engineering discipline preferred
* Less than 10% travel required
|Sensors Unlimited. Inc.|
State or Province