Under minimal supervision, supports Group Reinsurance in pricing new and renewed reinsurance placements and developing effective reinsurance structures in support of business objectives. Calculates the impact of new placements and renewals on Zurich's profit and capital and provides pricing and business insights to Reinsurance Managers and Asset Managers about ongoing business and commutations. Coordinates, prepares and performs actuarial analyses of losses, expenses and risk-based capital. Provides consultation on actuarial models and risk issues. Prepares submissions to regulators and rating agencies in relation to Zurich's exposure to catastrophes. May oversee the work of junior actuaries.
- Bachelor's degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related field with a mathematical, statistical or numerical background.
- 5 Or More Years of Actuarial experience.
- Active participation in the Actuarial Study Program towards achievement of designation and successful completion of five or more actuarial exams.
- Demonstrates technical knowledge and skills reflective of a senior practitioner who has progressed within actuarial positions of increasing responsibility; typically seen in five or more years of related experience.
- Proficient in MS Excel.
- Commercial and/or Reinsurance background; may consider Personal Lines w/ Reinsurance background.
- Experience in multiple functional areas (pricing, reserving, capital management, etc.), lines, or business units is strongly preferred.
- RiskLink and ReMetrica (or equivalent software), MS Office, Access.
State or Province