|Nautilus Insurance Group, LLC is a member of the W.R. Berkley Corporation, a Fortune 500 Company. We specialize in providing excess and surplus lines commercial property and casualty insurance coverage and offer a dynamic, professional work environment.
We currently have an exceptional opportunity available for a Senior Claims Examiner. The Senior Claims Examiner’s primary function is to handle commercial general liability losses in a paperless environment. Explore a career with Nautilus by joining our team as a Senior Claims Examiner.
Responsibilities of a Senior Claims Examiner include, but are not limited to:
- Reviewing and setting up new loss assignments.
- Establishing appropriate initial loss and expense reserves and continually evaluating the file for adequacy, accuracy and adherence to reserving guidelines.
- Analyzing and interpreting policy language in conjunction with specific loss facts to reach appropriate coverage decisions.
- Drafting frequent and complex coverage correspondence, including reservations of rights and coverage disclaimers in compliance with state statutes and regulations.
- Composing various other correspondence to insureds, claimants, attorneys, agents and regulatory agencies.
- Proactively managing claim files from inception to closure, including coverage analysis, liability and damages investigation, evaluation and resolution.
- Appropriately and clearly documenting all claim file activity, including current strategy, plan of action and exit plan.
- Directing and controlling the activities and costs of outside vendors including independent adjusters, experts and attorneys.
- Effectively presenting and discussing loss facts, issues and recommendations in roundtable discussions.
- Composing Large Loss Reports and other detailed reporting documents as appropriate on a regular and timely basis.
- Obtaining required state adjuster licenses and maintaining them as required.
- Serving as a technical resource within the Department.
- Participating in projects and initiatives lead by other departments and/or W.R. Berkley companies, including audits, workshops, focus groups, task forces, etc.
- Attending internal and external seminars and training events.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A high school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in an insurance-related field.
- CPCU, AIC, AEI or other insurance-related classes (preferred).
- A background in Excess and Surplus lines (helpful).
|Nautilus Insurance Group, LLC|
State or Province