|Work includes, conceptual studies, detailed design, field installation, construction support. Will be assigned as the Instrument & Controls Engineering Lead for EPC Projects. Maintains and promotes a focus on Burns & McDonnell's final deliverables. Ensures effective communications with other engineering disciplines. Ensures effective management of change. Assumes responsibility for scope, schedule and budget for EPC Projects. Mentors junior Engineers.
Reports to the Department Manager and Lead Engineer or Project Manager/Project Engineer
* Responsible for preparing instruments and control systems specifications, instruments and instrument valves data sheets, RFQs, technical bid summaries, purchase recommendations.
* Responsible for the review of instrument and control systems vendor drawings and data. Interface with suppliers, clients, other engineering disciplines, detailers/designers.
* Participates in the development of P&ID's, package specifications, logic diagrams, cause & effects, control narratives.
* B.Sc. in engineering with 10 years experience in Instrumentation and Control engineering for the Petrochemical/Oil & Gas industry.
* PE license in Control System Engineering preferred
* Ability to perform quality reviews for detailed engineering documents and specifications
* Familiarity with different control and safety systems (DCS, SIS, BMS, PLC, SCADA)
* Experienced in Field Instruments and Control Valve selection, calculation and detailed specifications
* Ability to participate in risk management system sessions (HAZOP, LOPA, SIL)
* Knowledge of applicable design standards covering Instrument & Control Design/Engineering such as API, NFPA, ISA, PIP, IEC, IEEE, ISO, NACE, Etc.
* Ability to travel overseas to monitor project execution with overseas engineering partner (occasional)
* Must be willing and eligible to obtain or currently hold a valid Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC)
* Familiar with implementation of SPI (InTools) database, specifications, wiring & loop module
* Ability to lead execution of work and resolve issues in a team environment
* Previous consulting experience required
* Experience with designing and supporting Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS), Safety Instrumented Functions (SIF), Layers of Protection Analysis (LOPA), and High Integrity Pressure Protection Systems (HIPPS).
* Written/spoken English
* Strong Communication skills (meetings, reporting, presentations)
* Capable of working large projects, delegating work tasks to large teams
* Capable of preparing scope of work documents
* EPC Project experience
|Burns & McDonnell|
State or Province