|About the Job
Key Gas Components, a leader in the design, manufacturer, and sales of gas products has an immediate opening for a Senior Manufacturing Engineer at our Crescent Division located in Allegan Michigan.
We are looking for a candidate who is excited about the opportunity to be creatively challenged and who is not afraid to think outside the box. The successful candidate must be able to troubleshoot and resolve manufacturing process issues, develop and implement detailed project plans, develop and institute cost improvement programs and be able to apply engineering and quality principles in support of manufacturing.
- Develop strategies and implement processes using lean manufacturing, 5S and other manufacturing tools.
- Manage process improvements throughout the manufacturing cells. Lead quality initiatives to ensure that continuous process improvements have a positive effect on cost, quality and delivery.
- Provide support to the production staff throughout all aspects of the manufacturing process.
- Proven people skills – must lead and coach. Must show diligence and focus.
- Investigate, share, and apply best practices and re-engineering opportunities to improve overall process performance for safety, quality, efficiency, and cost reductions.
- Perform continuous process improvements by utilizing lean manufacturing methodologies for reducing down time, scrap and at the same time increasing production and cost savings.
This successful candidate must be a dynamic project driven individual able to assume a proactive role in addressing all manufacturing engineering matters relating to new product launches including and maintaining schedule, reducing cost, identifying required facility improvements, design and procurement of tooling & equipment, development of required documentation, demonstrating process capability and transitioning products from development to production.
- Strong process engineering skills including work-piece control concepts, tolerance stacking, datum controls, and fixturing concepts are required.
- Must have proven experience in a fast paced chip cutting manufacturing environment with the ability to multi-task on a daily basis.
- Proven experience with product launches including vendor development and validation using FAI, PPAP, and SPC.
- Professional level of computer competence. Must be experienced in all MS Office tools with CAD and CNC programming experience. The ability to resolve most on site network / software issues would be a plus. Proven ability to train others in computer technologies.
- Four year technical degree minimum. Lean manufacturing, Six Sigma and 5S experience would be a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills is a must.
|Key Gas Components|
State or Province