|Job Description :
The Manufacturing Engineer drives continuous improvement by reducing inventory, reducing rework, scrap and warranty in support of Value Stream goals. The Manufacturing Engineer will use proven problem solving skills to provide technical support for manufacturing processes and equipment, and justify and procure capital equipment to improve production costs and for the implementation of new products. He or she must have the ability to visualize future state, plan action items, and lead team toward goals.
Essential Job Functions:
· Responsible for technical support and resolving issues on production floor.
· Identify, lead, facilitate and execute process and product improvement projects using Lean and Six Sigma tools, principles and processes to deliver results.
· Optimize equipment performance for efficiency and capacity.
· Lead or assist on manufacturing process development.
· Design or specify new equipment (fixtures, gages, semi-automatic machines, automatic machines, etc.) and processes for new and existing products
· New equipment and processes may include, but are not limited to PLCs, machine vision (cameras and associated hardware), pneumatics, electric motors, robotics, sensors, safety equipment, etc.
· Ensure that all new equipment/tooling is designed per current customer specifications. Be a hands-on Engineer; install, develop, debug, and troubleshoot equipment and processes on the manufacturing floor
· Support the New Product Engineering group by developing and implementing systems for the manufacturing of new products
· Work to the overall company metrics of cost, quality and delivery, and how these relate to the customer
Job Requirements :
BSME / BSEE / BSIE and 5 + years of job related experience
Demonstrated knowledge of Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, Automation Controls, PLC programming, VB programming, Labview, SQL, preferred.
Knowledge and experience in CAD.
Strong project management skills.
Strong leadership, communication and team based skills.
Must be able to handle multiple conflicting priorities and communicate with all levels of the organization.
Experience in automated equipment implementation and support, Control systems, Vision systems or Motion control experience a plus.
|Cooper Power Systems|
State or Province