|SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Provide technical leadership defining and directing manufacturing engineering assignments to support new product development and sustaining activities, material cost reduction, labor cost reduction, continuous improvement projects, and product performance and reliability.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Direct the review of new product designs for manufacturability, cost of materials and labor, practicality, performance, and reliability.
· Provide technical leadership assisting Design Engineering, Supply Chain, and Locations in completing product design validation and launch.
· Review mature products for manufacturability, cost of materials and labor, practicality, performance, and reliability; develop and direct implementation of improvement recommendations.
· Direct activity with equipment suppliers to define appropriate equipment requirements and equipment performance standards for current and future products.
· Work in conjunction with Milgard CI Director to direct the deployment, sustainability and consistency of process improvements across locations.
· Establish and direct the execution of work measurement programs and analyze work samples to develop standards for labor utilization.
· Analyze work force utilization, facility layout, and operational data such as production costs, process flow charts, and production schedules, to determine efficient utilization of workers and equipment. Make recommendations to location management and direct implementation of the recommendations.
· Recommend and direct implementation of methods for improving worker efficiency and reducing waste of materials and utilities such as restructuring job duties, reorganizing work flow, relocating work stations and equipment, and purchase of equipment.
· Maintain currency of technical and professional skills by attending training classes, special technical courses, seminars, exhibits and trade shows as needed.
LEVEL OF SUPERVISION:
· Provides technical direction in the work of others
· 10 - 15 years of related experience in a manufacturing environment.
· Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical/Manufacturing or Industrial engineering.
· A working knowledge of CAD, Word, Excel, and other applicable computer skills.
· Ability to direct the implementation of changes through Location operations teams without having direct management responsibility for these teams.
· Effectively manage multiple projects of cross functional teams while meeting target dates.
· Ability to perform in teamwork situations.
· Read, write and understand the English language.
· Sense of urgency and self-motivation; ability to work independently.
· Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to present to middle management.
· Attention to detail with strong organizational skills.
· Excellent customer service skills.
· Corporate engineering office, manufacturing floor, and vendor locations.
Milgard does not tolerate discrimination of any type, and offers equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, natural origin, age, disability or medical condition, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other considerations made unlawful by Federal, State or local laws. We believe in providing eligible and qualified employees with opportunities to advance. Milgard is an at-will employer.
State or Province