|Job Posting The mission of Nutritional Chemistry and Food Safety is to support our valued Customers with flexible, innovative solutions and scientific expertise that is driven by a diverse and motivated team of the best and brightest.
Plans and directs method development projects and studies in compliance with appropriate SOPs and regulatory guidelines. Develops, modifies, validates and performs methodology for routine and/or non-routine analysis. Trains other less-experienced employees on routine and non-routine analysis.
Key Responsibilities as a Research Associate:
• Documents work and maintains study documentation and laboratory records
• Independently sets up, maintains, operates and performs routine and non-routine maintenance on general equipment, including problem identification and resolution
• Informs Study Director, Principal Investigator and/or management of any problems and/or deviations that may affect the integrity of the data and recommends corrective action
• Promotes a cohesive team environment
• Acts as primary scientific authority in a defined business segment
• Suggests and performs modifications to test methods or procedures where no precedence exists
• Provides input and participates in project meetings, plans, monitors and guides project work
• Serves as lead chemist on projects, overseeing a small group of technical staff, with minimal supervision
• May interact in external client communications
• Performs a variety of testing using analytical instrumentation with routine and/or non-routine methods
• Performs and sets up method development and validation of various analytes in a variety of matrices with no supervision
• Schedules multiple projects to ensure completion within required timelines
• Trains personnel in the operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of laboratory equipment
• Ability to write, revise, and review SOPs and methods for compliance with
• Functions as technical resource for department
• Ability to implement an action plan for solving project or technical problems as they occur
• Able to review work of others for overall accuracy, timeliness, completeness and soundness of technical judgment
• Maintains a clean and safe laboratory work environment
• Performs other related duties as assigned
• Trains staff in advanced analytical techniques
• Participates in process improvement initiatives
• Assists in evaluation of data for incorporation into written reports
• Participates in client visits as needed, assists in communicating technical information
• Effectively plans and utilizes personnel and resources for timely completion of assigned projects
Education/Qualifications A Sr. Pesticide Chemist must have a BS/BA degree in science or related field plus 10 years of relevant experience. Experience may be substituted for education.
Experience A Sr. Pesticide Chemist must have at least 5 years of LC-MS experience and 5 years of GC-MS experience.
There is no better time to join us!
Our Center of Excellence for Contaminants in Greenfield,
Indiana, offers a broad portfolio of contaminant testing services.
The 10,000 sq ft state-of-the-art facility in Greenfield provides
clients the most up-to-date analysis of chemical residues and
contaminants as well as the development of new analytical methods.
Global distribution of food, feed and dietary supplement
products into new regions requires a broad understanding of the
interplay between growers, manufacturers, and regulators.
First-hand experience developing new testing methods, global
regulatory knowledge, and the scientific expertise to develop an
appropriate testing program is critical to meeting your specific
product needs. Our scientists have designed and managed
hundreds of testing programs for heavy metals, acrylamide,
melamine and pesticide residues in support of Proposition 65,
response to economic adulteration, routine supplier verification
and Infant Formula EU Directive 2006/141/EC, respectively.
We approach the analysis of contaminants based on analytical
quantitation using highly selective technology including ICP-MS,
LC- and GC-MS/MS. As a true partner in food and dietary
supplement analysis, we have the resources to meet our clients'
requirements for quality, flexibility, value and customer service.
State or Province