|Overview External: Chevron Corporation is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies with subsidiaries that conduct business across the globe. The company’s success is driven by the ingenuity and commitment of approximately 62,000 employees who operate across the energy spectrum. Chevron explores for, produces and transports crude oil and natural gas; refines, markets and distributes transportation fuels and other energy products and services; manufactures and sells petrochemical products; generates power and produces geothermal energy; and develops and commercializes the energy resources of the future, including biofuels and other renewables. Chevron is based in San Ramon, California.
Chevron Global Downstream Technology is accepting online applications for the position of Senior Process Engineer located in Richmond, California through Oct 30th at 11:59 p.m. (EST).
Within the Global Downstream Technology group, process engineers perform a variety of technical support work for the Hydrocracking, Hydrotreating, Lube Hydroprocessing, and Residuum Hydrotreating technologies as well as other refining technologies. This work includes catalyst and licensing proposals, technical service, process designs, and startup support. These jobs are on the Exempt Chevron Technical Career Ladder. Actual placement will depend on experience level and qualifications.
Position Details: Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
• Lead and Manage the execution of process design packages and the process design work for engineering design packages (EDP) on time and within budget.
• Represent Chevron technology to internal and external licensing clients, functioning as main client contact.
• Develop process flow configurations to meet clients’ needs.
• Mentor junior engineers in process design competencies.
• Ability to run and understand ProVision models to simulate the process and generate heat and material balances, mentoring others in this process.
• Competency to perform new designs and/or ratings of major pieces of equipment such as heat exchangers, vessels, distillation columns, etc, and ability to mentor others.
• Provide follow-up work as needed so the EDP can be completed within schedule.
• Coordinate with various other groups in EDP execution – CAD, Materials, Mechanical, Reactor Design, Chevron experts
• Generate Process and Analytical Manuals
• Answer clients’ questions and participate in project reviews (P&IDs, HAZOP, 3D models) as part of design follow-up support
• Interpret operating data to monitor catalyst performance, recommend operating guidelines, and estimate remaining catalyst life
• Plan and lead in-plant shutdown and startup assistance, including catalyst loading, regeneration, and sulfiding consultation. Administer plant performance test runs as required.
• Answer clients operating questions to stay close to the customer and win future catalyst business. Level of support is dependent on the marketing strategy for each customer. Includes process equipment troubleshooting. May include site visits and/or periodic operating data reports
• Participate in conceptual design studies in support of licensed unit re-vamps or debottlenecks.
New Plant Startup Support:
• Plan and lead new plant startup assistance, including equipment process inspections, catalyst loading, sulfiding, start-up, and plant performance test runs.
• Document each phase of the startup, and work with the customer to manage their needs and expectations.
• Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering.
• A minimum of 10 years of related process engineering experience in the chemical, petrochemical or refining industries.
• Process Design Experience - Must have basic knowledge of process design tools such as PROVISION (or similar process simulator), heat exchanger design tools, etc.
• Field Experience - Basic understanding of how equipment functions in a refinery and overall plant operation is required.
• Interpersonal Skills – Must work constructively with others (inside and outside Chevron) to achieve positive results via the Chevron Way. Must act with integrity and honesty, accept constructive criticism well, and use recognition. Teamwork skills a must.
• Communication Skills – Ability to communicate with clients to effectively sell our technology and represent Chevron in a positive light to outside companies. Ability to communicate well with teammates and managers during project and tech service work required.
• Organizational/Leadership Skills – Demonstrated ability to plan, schedule, and manage multiple work activities to meet customer needs and expectations required. Must possess ability to manage a team within schedule and budget and delegate work out to team. Must be able to interact with a variety of experience levels and position types.
• Project Management Experience – conceptual or basic engineering design packages
• Hydroprocessing Experience - Experience in hydroprocessing design, equipment, operations, kinetics, and data analysis preferred.
• Equipment design/rating - Ability to design a variety of unit operations such as heat exchangers, vessels, distillation columns, etc. is a plus.
Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
State or Province