|Description: Saint-Gobain, headquartered in Paris, France, is a leading supplier of building materials and a producer of glass, ceramics and plastics products in 64 countries employing over 200,000 employees. With sales of over $50 billion, Saint-Gobain is one of the top 100 industrial companies in the world. Saint-Gobain High-Performance Materials is a dynamic, global business with research and development activities centered in Northboro, Massachusetts. Saint-Gobain has an outstanding record of achievement and is committed to growth through the development of proprietary products based on novel materials and process technologies.
Job Responsibilities: MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
• Perform Solid Oxide Fuel Cell (SOFC) development activities in electrochemical test and evaluation of cells and stacks in a technical team.
• Define the test and evaluation needs for both short term and long term tests.
• Test and evaluate performance, long term degradation to understand the mechanism and develop solutions.
• Design and implement robust test stations, lab infrastructure and establish test routines.
• Interpret test results to provide in-depth analysis and write synthesis reports.
• Provide feedbacks to SOFC design and processing team to improve performance.
• Supervise engineers or technicians and help maintain lab operation and safety.
• Plan and manage timelines of testing projects to meet project development requirements.
• Actively participate as a key contributor in a multi-disciplinary project group to develop the high performance SOFC stack..
• Some minimal travel (10-20%).
• Actively promotes the creation and refreshing of a grassroots proactive culture of safety by being a personal example and by encouraging, empowering, and involving all staff in safety.
REQUIREMENTS and COMPETENCIES:
• Ph.D or equivalent in Electrochemistry, Chemical, Corrosion, Electrical, Mechanical or Materials Engineering disciplines and greater than 5 years experience in fuel cell test and evaluation.
• Industrial experience at least 3 years in SOFC test evaluation is preferred.
• Solid background in electrochemistry, impedance analysis, fuel processing, and high temperature thermochemistry is required.
• Ability to apply scientific principles to develop innovative solutions for complex problems.
• Hands-on experience with test equipment, electrochemical instrument and test station development.
• Experience with AC impedance test, analysis, I-V curve measurements, etc.
• Experience with design of experiment and statistical tools a plus.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work well in a multi-cultural Research and Development Team.
For immediate consideration, please apply below.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V
Ref. Code: CP7600
State or Province