Complete the task of design transfer of electro-mechanical designs from R&D to production. Responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining test procedures, tools, programs, and training for new product introduction and existing products. New Product Introduction (NPI) activities include working closely with R&D engineering during the design of products to ensure manufacturability, cost and yield goals are met, developing manufacturing test and burn-in processes for optimum manufacturing, developing manufacturing documentation to support product build and test, and working with engineering on environmental/emc testing. Directly working with the production team to build prototypes, pilot, and production units as needed. Additionally, the Manufacturing Engineer will support existing manufacturing by leading manufacturing product improvements including cost, manufacturability, quality, and reliability goals.
- Develops, maintains and improves test procedures, tools, fixtures, and programs on existing printed circuit boards, electro-mechanical assemblies, and final products.
- Trains technicians on test methods, equipment, and procedures for new and existing assemblies and products.
- Review ECO?s which impact test procedures, tools, and programs used in production for testability or other related test issues. Identifies and implements changes required to procedures, tools, and programs.
- Participates with Development engineering in the creation of test programs to verify the performance to specification of new assemblies, peripherals, and products. Responsible for the maintenance of production test programs upon release to production. Introduces new technologies into production (i.e TQM, Automated Test).
- Participates in design reviews. Reviews design for complete specifications, testability, and test margin. Develops diagnostic, troubleshooting, and repair strategies for production testing of printed circuit boards and electro-mechanical assemblies.
- Collaborate on design with suppliers to fulfill equipment and fixturing requirements, as well as, product design specification improvements for more cost-effective production.
- Responsible for diagnosing and technical problems that may arise in standard manufacturing, resolving design problems or developing solutions. Work in conjunction with other departments where appropriate.
- Implements and maintains safe operating procedures, tools and equipment which comply with safety standards.
- Initiates and/or approves all necessary changes in design, drafting, tooling, methods, processes and any documentation that affects the manufacturability of an item.
- Participates in design reviews, and makes recommendations to insure final manufacturability of the product.
- Responsible for staying current on new technical developments in manufacturing processes and equipment. Participates in determining possible cost savings and/or making capital investment decisions and justifications.
- Work with suppliers to resolve component/part problems in a timely manner.
- Generate ECOs and/or Deviations to document all changes to production processes, tools or
parts in accordance with requirements.
- Apply technical creativity and innovation skills to resolve technical issues and to ensure that solutions are technically feasible and deployable.
- Identify the root cause of manufacturing process and product nonconformities. Identify and implement the necessary actions to correct and prevent recurrence though the corrective and preventative action process.
- Develop and Improve Operations Quality System Processes to meet local and Corporate Quality initiative goals.
- BS Electrical Engineering (MS preferred)
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of project management techniques.
- Knowledge of CAD systems: Orcad (or equivalent), Electrical Simulation Tools
- MS in Electrical Engineering
- Knowledge of x-ray equipment and/or other capital equipment.
- Familiar with the FDA?s Design Control process, the CE Mark process, and ISO requirements. Able to complete all necessary design control documentation related to a project.
- Experience in automated testing using LabView, Test Stand or similar software.
- Extensive knowledge of eletrical emmision, immunity and safety testing.
- Knowledge in electrical and electronic manufacturing processes as they apply to the design process.
- Previous experience leading cost-savings initiative projects.
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, talk, hear and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. Specific vision abilities required by this job include normal vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
State or Province