The Sr. Configuration Engineer is responsible for creation and maintenance of engineering tools and execution of detailed calculations. This role will support an accurate and timely design of pump orders to meet customer expectations. This role communicates with associates from all levels of the organization including suppliers and customers and provides guidance to peers on engineering principles and technical expertise.
• Perform advanced vibration and strength calculations including torsional and structural vibration, FEA, seismic, and mechanical strength calculations. Stay abreast of recognized codes and their impact on existing tools and the market.
• Creation or advancement of design programs and tools to improve order processing and equipment validation.
• Create or modify 2D / 3D drawings and perform various calculations as required.
• Review and complete design requirements from customer specifications, drawings and order write-ups while working in conjunction with project management, sales, applications, and customers to clarify order details.
• Prepare bill of materials (BOM), technical documentation, and submittals.
• Maintain order logs, BOM, design drawings, and engineering records per departmental standards.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Advanced mechanical engineering skills.
• Mathematical, analytical, and problem-solving skills with understanding of design to manufacturing chain.
• Familiar with VBA code.
• Strong interpersonal and written communication skills but able to work with autonomy.
• Attention to detail with an acute degree of accuracy.
• Knowledgeable in use of Windows, MS Office, 3D Modeling, Adobe Acrobat.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor degree in Engineering. PE is preferred.
• 1-3 years in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
|Grundfos Pumps Corporation|
State or Province