The Senior Director Marketing- Life Science is accountable for the development and execution of the Life Sciences strategic marketing plan ensuring long term business performance and achievement of short term financial and market position goals. A consummate strategic marketer this business leader understands the key macro economics impacting the market place and works with their direct reports, the customer base and cross functional resources to map out the target customer segments, value proposition, technology and product roadmap plus marketing mix to differentiate and win in the custom services and premade antibodies markets. This position will work closely with the R&D organization to understand and leverage technology trends into product or service development opportunities and will guide their team to provide accurate forecast information and clarity of customer expectations (quality, specification delivery, cost) to the operations team to ensure customer satisfaction and competitive position. They lead and guide their direct reports and organization around strategic levers and market opportunities on which to focus. They will network closely with business development to identify market expansion opportunities beyond organic growth.
1. Implement tactical plans to drive growth in orders and revenues above plan within corporate goals for profitability.
2. Leads the Life Sciences marketing team in developing marketing plans to grow the Life Science custom services and premade business: articulating the 5Pís to translate the strategy to tactics and results.
3. Leader of Life Science business team which prioritizes and coordinates cross-functionally to execute the business plans. Leads strategic planning and annual marketing plan development with direct reports and cross functional resources
4. Establishes goals/measures and objectives to ensure SDI is strengthening in areas of Life Science visibility, brand equity and growth.
5. Leads and develops product managers and applications support to execute on core objectives and campaigns.
6. Works closely with National Sales Manager- Life Science to ensure alignment of objectives and strong support of strategic account development. .
7. Leads market research activities to evaluate customer needs. Works with product management/sales department and customers to identify the potential for new products and/or product improvements and communicates these to the R&D team. Identifies and works with Leadership to provide input and validate new products.
8. Holds product managers accountable to develop the product launch information- package includes product features and benefits, performance statistics,
comparison to competitive products, market segments and targets for the products, pricing and margin expectations, scientific studies.
Qualifications: (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Education, Experience, Job Skills, Equipment Skills, and Certifications)
1. Bachelor Degree in Health Sciences / Business. PhD/MBA is preferred. Knowledge of antibodies market is beneficial.
2. Ten plus years experience in sales and marketing within the healthcare/life science industry.
3. Demonstrated ability to influence others without having direct authority.
4. Proven ability to set and execute strategic business plans for profitable growth.
5. Proven presentation and written communication skills.
6. Experience in both services and consumables businesses preferred Strong analytical and computer skills are preferable.
7. Classic marketing, market analysis, research experience is a plus. Interest and ability to understand the science and interface with Senior Leadership is desirable.
Custom Services Product Manager
Premade Product Manager
Work Environment / Other Requirements:
At SDIX our work environment varies significantly from job to job. The requirements for this position are as follows:
∑ Travel required up to 25% of the time
∑ Potential exposure to hazardous chemicals and environments.
∑ Ability to work in both the laboratory and office setting.
State or Province