Zurich Financial Services group is an insurance-based financial services provider with a global network of subsidiaries and offices in North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America and other markets. Founded in 1872, the Group is headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland. Zurich employees approximately 60,000 people serving customers in more than 180 countries.
In 1912, Zurich became the first foreign insurer to enter the US Market. Zurich North America was founded in 1912, has approximately 10,000 employees and is headquartered in Schaumburg, IL. Today in the US, through Zurich American Insurance Company, Zurich is a leading commercial property and casualty insurer and holds several Key Market Positions.
As an industry leader Zurich offers very competitive benefits options including a 401K savings plan with up to a 6% company match, incentives, career growth, paid time off, recognition for achievements and a challenging and rewarding work environment.
Working for Zurich will provide you with:
• The opportunity to be involved and work in a global organization
• The opportunity to work for the 2nd most-admired company in the P&C Industry
• The opportunity for advancement and growth in the US and internationally
Zurich Insurance is currently looking for a Sr. Excess Casualty Underwriter for our Global Corporate Division in our New York office. This is a highly technical and market facing position and requires experience with Excess Casualty lines of business.
Our Sr. Excess Casualty Underwriter is responsible for:
1.Generating, underwriting and analyzing new and renewal Excess Casualty business.
2. Market facing and production within the Global Corporate Division.
3. Administer and monitor underwriting rules and guidelines, insurance laws and regulations and rating manual rules.
4. Developing and maintaining agency and broker relationships.
5. Working within broad limits and authorities on highly complex assignments.
The ideal Sr. Excess Casualty Underwriter will posses the following:
1. Bachelors Degree Preferred
2. 8+Years Underwriting Excess Casualty lines of business.
3. Strong broker relationships
4. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
5. In-depth knowledge of line/s of business and legal and regulatory guidelines.
6. Strong negotiation skills.
7. Strong knowledge of underwriting philosophy, techniques, national/local filing regulations and guidelines.
8. Ability to effectively assess risk.
9. Ability to multi-task.
10. Possess knowledge of time restraints for quotes on new and renewal business.
11. PC literate.
12. Demonstrated technical knowledge and skills reflective of progression of positions of increasing responsibility.
13. Solid knowledge of processing methods and workflow procedures, and basic knowledge of insurance underwriting and regulations for assigned territories.
14. Knowledge of time restraints for quotes on new and renewal business.
15. Must be able to function effectively in team environment.
16. CPCU and ARM a plus.
Back to top
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
It is the policy of Zurich in North America, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, to attract and retain the best qualified people available, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status.
|Zurich North America|
State or Province