|Lead team initiatives focused on establishing and coordinating the implementation of effective and economical methods for production departments on assigned projects. Plans and coordinates preparation of project documentation such as engineering drawings, BOM, production specifications and routings, to ensure product and process requirements are met. Design and direct installation of mechanical or electromechanical products or plant systems. Lead the design of tooling and fixtures for production processes. Directs and coordinates activities involved in acquisition and installation of mechanical or electromechanical products and systems. Coordinates preparation of project documentation such as engineering drawings, production specifications and schedules to ensure project requirements are met.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
1. Independently analyzes product and equipment specifications and performance requirements to determine product characteristics which can be produced by existing manufacturing or processing equipment and methods. Provide technical information concerning manufacturing or processing techniques, materials, and process advantages and limitations which affect long range plant and product engineering planning. Maintains an expert knowledge of the in-house manufacturing process in order to provide the goal of reducing total costs.
2. Confers with engineering and shop personnel to resolve design problems related to material characteristics, dimensional tolerances, service requirements, manufacturing procedures, and cost.
3. Leads and coordinates engineering activities concerned with development, procurement, installation, and calibration of equipment, and control devices required to support the production process.
4. Develops and writes equipment specifications, performance requirements, cost analysis, and proposal for integrating machinery and equipment into manufacturing process. Prepares or directs preparation of process layout and detailed drawings and schematics.
5. Coordinates testing activities of personnel assigned to conduct tests required in developing new manufacturing methods relative to assigned projects.
6. Independently evaluates and applies current acceptable engineering tool and gauge design practices to produce tooling packages as needed by the plant operations. Determines feasibility of designing new plant equipment or modifying existing equipment considering costs, available space, time limitations, company planning, and other technical and economic factors.
7. Determines in-process tolerances and specifications required to produce rings and seals to end customer requirements.
8. Directs and coordinates fabrication and installation activities to ensure products and systems conform to engineering design and customer specifications.
9. Responsible for capital equipment purchase recommendations. Oversees installation to ensure machines and equipment are installed and functioning according to specifications. Directs testing of machines to ensure that equipment is performing appropriate tasks.
10. Plans, develops and coordinates experimental test programs under operational conditions to investigate design proposals for improving equipment performance or other factors. Compiles and analyzes operational, test, and research data to establish performance standards for newly designed or modified equipment or product. Analyzes test data and reports to determine if design meets functional, performance and quality control specifications.
11. Complete detail drawings utilizing current CAD technologies to request parts fabrication by internal and external suppliers. Uses computer assisted engineering and design software to write operating programs for equipment, to develop tooling designs and CNC programs for unique one of kind processes.
12. Recommends to management methods for improving worker efficiency and reducing waste of materials and utilities such as restructuring job duties, reorganizing workflow, relocating workstations and equipment, and purchase of equipment. Lead manufacturing and engineering project personnel to implement plans and recommendations.
13. Participates in meetings, seminars, and training sessions to stay apprised of new developments in field.
14. Possess the ability to work independently of others to obtain the required results or goals.
15. Performs all duties with the highest regard for ethical conduct and respect for the individual, and within the obligations of the basic labor agreement.
16. Comply with corporate, plant and third party safety and environmental regulations to ensure a safe, legal and environmentally-friendly manufacturing process at all times.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Requires strong knowledge of machinery and experience in machining centers and grinding. Knowledge of CAD/CAM systems required. SPC experience required. CNC controls and programming desirable. Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering Technology from four-year college or university and seven to ten years related experience and/or training.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to plant management and executive management.
Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
|Kaydon Ring & Seal, Inc.|
State or Province