|GLOBALFOUNDRIES is the world's first full-service semiconductor foundry with a truly global manufacturing and technology footprint. Launched in March 2009 through a partnership between AMD [NYSE: AMD] and the Advanced Technology Investment Company (ATIC), GLOBALFOUNDRIES provides a unique combination of advanced technology, manufacturing excellence and global operations. With the integration of Chartered in January 2010, GLOBALFOUNDRIES significantly expanded its capacity and ability to provide best-in-class foundry services from mainstream to the leading edge.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is headquartered in Silicon Valley with manufacturing operations in Singapore, Dresden, and a new leading-edge fab under construction in Saratoga County, New York. These sites are supported by a global network of R&D, design enablement, and customer support in Singapore, China, Taiwan, Japan, the United States, Germany, and the United Kingdom. For more information on GLOBALFOUNDRIES, visit www.globalfoundries.com
GLOBALFOUNDRIES Fab 8 is seeking highly skilled and motivated Senior Real Time Dispatch Engineers to become part of our state of the art 300mm factory in Malta, New York. These Senior RTD Engineers will be responsible for supporting WIP management decision support application infrastructure for GLOBALFOUNDRIES Fab 8 in Malta, New York. The position will entail gaining a comprehensive understanding of the WIP management systems utilized in GLOBALFOUNDRIES Fabs 1 and 7, and will support the transfer and startup of the systems in Fab 8. The position will develop, deploy, and configure factory dispatch rules, scheduling systems, optimization models, and related applications to meet the tool ramp and production output goals. The Sr. RTD Engineer will report to Fab 8 Manufacturing System & Solutions Section Manager.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
Gain in-depth understanding of GLOBALFOUNDRIES dispatch and scheduling systems in order to support transfer and startup tasks.
Design and develop optimization, heuristic and rule-based dispatching, and scheduling algorithms to improve factory performance.
Utilize the Real-Time Dispatch (APF RTD) application to optimize dispatch rules (What Next and Where Next) that effectively manage WIP movement and tool usage in order to improve utilization and efficiency, increase manufacturing predictability, and maximize Fab output performance.
Utilize simulation modeling software output to optimize WIP management strategies (AutoSched AP and AutoMod).
Keep abreast and implement innovations within the optimization, scheduling, dispatching, and modeling disciplines in our industry and in other relevant industries, and drive continuous improvement in the accuracy and productivity of this function within GLOBALFOUNDRIES.
Build on the experience and expertise of GLOBALFOUNDRIES Fab 1 and 7 organizations to define how these functions should be done for Fab 8.
Build relationships with internal partners, such as Operations, Manufacturing Systems Technology, Supply Chain, and Finance, as appropriate.
· Bachelors Degree Computer Science, Information Technology, Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, or other related technical discipline.
· Minimum of 5 years of experience in the semiconductor industry in Industrial Engineering, including two or more years as a full-time WIP management expert.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with different cultures and with all levels of the fab organization.
· Experience and fluency with AMAT APF/RTD, Activity Manager for Reporting, and AutoSched AP, with strategic analysis and simulations, and with commonly available statistics, presentation, and project management software.
· Strong organizational skills along with demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and able to react to shifting priorities to meet business need
· Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and commitments
· Individuals will be and must be able to understand complex automated systems and human interactions.
· Individual must be well versed in all Microsoft Applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint
· Initial training may require an overseas assignment to Singapore for an extended period of time. (2 to 3 months).
An advanced technical degree.
Experience with optimization systems such as ILOG, CPLEX, COIN, etc.
Experience in a 300 mm wafer Fab.
Previous Foundry experience desired.
State or Province