|Johnson Controls is a world class employer where ingenuity and excellence are welcome. We are a global market leader in Automotive Experience, Building Efficiency and Power Solutions with over 140,000 employees in 125 countries. For over a century, Johnson Controls has been working to find new ways to improve the places where people live, work and travel, which in turn gives our employees the chance to change the world. At Johnson Controls, you'll be challenged to innovate and encouraged to apply your talent and knowledge in an environment that values teamwork, integrity and diversity. Join us now! Your Ingenuity is welcome! (EOE/AA Employer)
Under minimal supervision, responsible for the continuous improvement of plant processes and equipment including design and PLC program changes, mechanical and electrical documentation, Six Sigma variation reduction, uptime improvements, and maintenance expense reduction.
Key responsibilities include:
· Efficient use of problem solving techniques including pareto analysis, cause and effect analysis, multi-variable analysis, FMEA's and DOE's to reach solutions.
· Initiate and lead plant teams in the development of process improvements.
· Provide technical support for plant operations including maintenance support, capital project implementation, and Six Sigma project rollout support.
· Act as liaison between plant and Division Engineering personnel in communicating engineering needs, process changes, project reporting, etc.
· Monitor process, including new equipment and tools, to ensure performance to specifications. Implement capital and non-capital projects.
· Work with plant Quality Control and manufacturing personnel to ensure process and equipment to produce a product that meets quality and engineering standards.
· Review new and modified specifications for proper content and schedule their introduction into the manufacturing system.
· Identify causes and develop strategies for eliminating recurring downtime.
· Assist in assuring tools, equipment, and processes comply with OSHA and EPA standards.
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering
· Two to five years previous experience in an engineering role within a manufacturing environment
· Proficient in AutoCAD, Excel, Power-point, and other required computer programs
· Proficient in PLC programming, troubleshooting, and diagnostics
· Proficient with troubleshooting mechanical and electrical drive systems, diagnostics, and root cause verification
Power Solutions North America
|Johnson Controls Inc|
State or Province