|Saint-Gobain is among the World's 100 largest industrial companies, the largest building materials company, as well as a global leader in the production of high-performance materials and glass containers.
In North America, Saint-Gobain recorded sales of $6.8 billion in 2009. We employ some 19,000 people in more than 350 locations across the U.S. and Canada. Among the Saint-Gobain brand family are CertainTeed, Norandex, Verallia, Saint-Gobain Abrasives, Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics, Saint-Gobain Crystals, Saint-Gobain NorPro and Saint-Gobain Technical Fabrics.
Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics is the world's leading producer of engineered, high-performance polymer products, serving virtually every major industry across the globe. Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics businesses support these key industries in bringing advanced technology polymer products and using them in the most demanding applications. Backed by a proud heritage of product innovation, technological expertise and market leadership, Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics is dedicated to working with its customers to solve today's application issues and the challenges that lie ahead.
Job Responsibilities: Job Goals:
Primarily responsible for determining and implementing ways to reduce costs, increase efficiency, quality and maintain a safe, healthy and environmentally responsible facility. The incumbent is also responsible for developing preventative/predictive methods to ensure capacity/capability to minimize production delays and assure quality. This position may handle a variety of long- and short-term projects. Oversee job functions of other Process Engineers.
Education, Skills and Requirements:
• Bachelors Degree in a Mechanical Engineering.
• Five or more years' experience in a manufacturing environment (in an engineering role).
• Some supervisory experience preferred
• Demonstrated research and problem solving skills.
• Proven ability to design, manage, and implement projects of a technical nature.
• Able to operate independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to work in a manufacturing environment a minimum of 8 hours a day, potentially involving dust, noise, chemicals and machinery
• Team building skills.
• DOE, SPC and computer skills.
• Abide by company policies and procedures at appropriate level.
• Oversee process engineering group activities.
• Provide technical support to manufacturing to address production problems.
• Research and recommend changes to manufacturing processes to increase efficiency and/or reduce costs, increase product quality, or provide greater personal and/or environmental safety.
• Assist in the development of new products and their transition to routine production.
• Initiate analysis and corrective actions for manufacturing issues.
• Oversee new process introduction through manufacturability trials.
• Lead long term continuous improvement initiatives.
• Coordinate projects with other Departments.
• Recommend and implement methods to increase the quality of services.
• Participate in self-development and training of others.
• Exhibit safety awareness and safe work practices.
• Perform other related duties as may be reasonably assigned in the course of business.
• Understand all environmental policies and significant environmental impact of job activities in accordance with the ISO 14001 standard.
• Implement Environmental Non-Conformant corrective action.
• Accountable for implementation of EMS for area.
For immediate consideration, please apply below.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V
State: New Jersey
Ref. Code: CP7794
|Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics|
State or Province