Siemens Industry, Inc. is the U.S. affiliate of Siemens’ global Industry Sector business—the world’s leading supplier of production, transportation and building technology solutions. The company’s integrated hardware and software technologies enable comprehensive industry-specific solutions for industrial and infrastructure providers to increase their productivity, sustainability and profitability. The Industry Sector includes six divisions: Building Technologies, Industry Automation, Industry Solutions, Mobility, Drive Technologies and Osram Sylvania. With nearly 204,000 Siemens Industry Sector employees worldwide, the Industry Sector posted a worldwide profit of $4.7 billion on revenues of $47.3 billion in fiscal 2010. www.usa.siemens.com/Industry
All qualified candidate MUST have the following:
1. Minimum 8 years of Product Management, or equivalent industry, field, or engineering project management experience.
2. Strong leadership, presentation, oral and written communications skills.
3. Ability to think and act in a complex business environment.
4. Strong technical aptitude and understanding of complex electrical, mechanical, computer and networking concepts.
5. Self-driven, highly creative with strong leadership and business development capabilities; proven results oriented prior performance.
6. Bachelor's Degree in technical or marketing field, ideally with additional related coursework (e.g. MBA).
Not required but would be a plus:
1. Experience in the Fire alarm industry (sales, engineering, Project Mgmt) or Product Mgr.
2. Product Manager from related field (electronics).
Owns the complete life cycle management of a coordinated global product portfolio that is sold internationally through multiple distribution channels, including the business justifications of all product range or solution investments. As the voice of the product portfolio, assists and advises field sales personnel in direct customer sales. Guides a cross-functional team to identify, define, develop, implement, and deploy a global product portfolio to the international market through multiple sales channels. Measures market acceptance results after deployment. Performs analysis and advises Sr. Management regarding proposed changes to their coordinated global portfolio based on strategic, market, technical, and competitive changes. Recommends appropriate course of action. Responsibilities include: strategic planning, market analysis, competitive analysis and positioning, segmentation/targeting strategy, pricing, profitability including financial objectives and measurement, requirements definition, forecasting, vendor management, ownership of product portfolio development, market deployment and acceptance. Analyzes, interprets and manages a global product portfolio, including budgeting and financial ROI and recommends investments to maximize total company profitability. Develops and drives the product portfolio strategies to the field via rollouts, customer presentations and direct marketing and sales efforts. May have management responsibility for Product Specialists and Product Managers. Performs staff management and administrative responsibilities of: recruitment, performance evaluation, mentoring, skills development, disciplinary actions and salary management. Manages vendor relationships for outside purchases and development partnerships. Evaluates new and emerging technologies, markets, and business methods and advises Sr. Management of potential application within the organization. Advises field personnel regarding sales strategies, future product direction, and problem resolution to support direct customer sales. May participate in external industry organizations and committees as a representative of the company.
State or Province