The Global Actuarial & Value Management (GAVM) department is a newly created group within AIG, reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer. The group’s responsibilities include corporate actuarial oversight, group wide performance and value management, statutory and rating agency capital management, and rating agency communication and management.
The group is seeking a (senior) actuarial analyst to support the liability and capital modeling and analytic needs for a wide ranging set of cross-functional initiatives within the department. The position is within the Asset & Liability Management (ALM) unit formed under the Actuarial Task Force on ALM & Capital Management, which is led jointly by AIG Asset Management Group (AMG) and GAVM. The Actuarial Task Force aims to bring talents from both the asset and liability sides together so as to take a more holistic view of capital and risk constraints across business lines. The position will collaborate extensively with AMG and ERM on AIG ALM initiatives to optimize capital and dividend flow at parent.
The ideal candidate should be highly motivated and have experience in the financial, insurance, and reinsurance industries, understand senior management needs, and can work well with a diverse group of internal partners to execute various initiatives.
• Collaborate effectively with other internal groups such as AMG and ERM to develop and implement actuarial solutions as well as to provide recommendations for ALM and capital management actions to senior management
• Work closely with actuaries in the property & casualty business units to perform analysis from regulatory and rating agency perspective that will drive corporate decision making
• Assist with the aggregation of enterprise actuarial liability and asset liability models covering all relevant components (GAAP, STAT, Tax) for ALM, Capital Management and Rating Agency discussion purposes. Identify issues in the current process and recommend solutions/opportunities for improvement.
• Work in collaboration with ALM & Capital Management liaisons across different business lines in major dividend generating property & casualty entities in the U.S. and abroad to provide analysis to liability management initiatives
Required Qualifications include:
• Bachelor’s degree plus completion of at least three (five for senior position) actuarial exams
• ACAS, FCAS, or the equivalent designation for any international actuarial organization preferred for the senior position
• 2-10 years of actuarial experience working in an insurance company or consulting firm
• Experiences with finance, ALM, capital management, risk management a plus
• Familiarity with asset analytics and capital markets a plus
• Proficiency in Excel, Access, VBA, MoSes, Igloo, Riskmetrics, Matlab or other programming language a plus
• Strong ability to work independently, successful at managing and meeting multiple project deadlines
• Self starter, attention to details, and a team player with good communication skills
State or Province