Under limited direction, underwrites and analyzes new and renewal business utilizing The Zurich Way of Underwriting framework and within delegated authority levels of highly complex assignments. Administers and monitors underwriting rules and guidelines, insurance laws and regulations, and rating manuals. Develop, maintain & collaborate with Line of Business representatives on referrals and other business related needs, as appropriate. Develops and maintains relationships with distributors (agents & brokers) in support of business retention and acquisition and works with customers and distributors (agents & brokers) to determine their insurance related needs and provide solutions. Supports the Zurich sales culture by being a HelpPoint for agents, brokers and customers. Note: In business units that sell direct to the customer, references to the agent, broker or distributor may be replaced by parties such as prospect, insured, customer, sales representative or other terms that are customary in the unit.
1. Bachelors Degree
2. Five or more years of Commercial Underwriting experience in Technology
3. Proven ability to establish new business combined with existing broker/agent relationships in the South Region
4. Strong marketing skills with proven ability to assess risk effectively
5. Ability and willingness to travel up 40% within the assigned territory
6. Proficient computer skills in Word and Excel
1. Excellent communication skills, sales and negotiation skills
2. Demonstrate strong presentation skills and a solutions and service orientation.
3. Ability to function effectively in team environment.
4. CPCU or other insurance designation
State or Province