IDEX Health & Science in Bristol Connecticut is the home of Eastern Plastics products serving analytical instruments, biotech and IVD markets. We are part of Lake Forest, IL based IDEX Corporation, a $1.4 billion applied solutions company with nearly 5000 employees and operations on six continents. Together we serve a highly diverse set of customers who look to our company to provide applied engineered fluidic and mechanical solutions to our exacting specifications anywhere in the world. ""Ours are the recognized brand names of the industrial world, and we produce hundreds of products that touch people's lives every day.""
In this role, you will lead all Cost Accounting and Supply Chain activities related to the Bristol site ($25MM Revenues annually). You will drive / perform key cost accounting processes such as cost preparation and maintenance, bill of material auditing, inventory input / output modeling, cycle count verification, physical inventory, and scrap / obsolete inventory tracking. You will calculate, analyze, and communicate key business metrics such as Price, Mix, Inflation, Scrap, Operational Excellence Project Benefits, Inventory, Product Cost, and Value Stream Profitability. You will take part in monthly closing and SOX / Audit cycles. You will partner with the Site Finance Manager, Materials / Supply Chain, IT and the local Finance team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITES:
· Maintain accurate Cost File for WIP and Raw Material items, work with Engineering to set up new product bill materials, and audit bill of materials for correctness.
· Lead month-end closing routines: journal entries, inventory account balancing, WIP, etc.
· Complete key controllership cycles: monthly account reconciliation, annual Internal / SOX audits.
· Work with Operating team to ensure proper Cycle counting procedure is followed.
· Collect, analyze, and communicate key operating metrics such as Price, Mix, Inflation, Scrap, Operational Excellence Project Benefits, Inventory segmentation, Product Line and Value Stream Profitability, Headcount, Capacity, Labor and Over Efficiency,and Overtime.
· Lead, coordinate, and drive the Physical Inventory process for the site including training, execution of counts, and reconciliation of results / variances.
· Daily, Weekly, Monthly reporting across various metrics.
· Corporate Reporting.
· Manage and interpret key inventory reserves such as full absorption, obsolescence, and intercompany profit elimination.
· Perform Make vs. Buy, break-even, and Gross Margin analysis as required.
· Maintain Fixed Asset Register: CIP, Impairment, Write off, etc.
· Strong focus on Lean / Simplification: identify areas for simplification within your daily work and execute those projects.
· Ad hoc analysis as required.
· Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field.
· Minimum 4-5 years of experience in Finance, Accounting, or related field; preferably in a manufacturing environment.
· Knowledge of General Accounting and Cost Accounting routines and procedures.
· Excellent analytical skills with the ability to work at both the detailed, transactional level as well as communicate the big picture.
· Demonstrated ability to communicate financial information to multiple levels of the organization, both within Finance and Operations.
· Strong Excel skills and ERP System Experience; Access and Vantage ERP knowledge a plus.
· Proven organizational skills, ability to handle multiple tasks, and prior success in a fast-paced environment.
· Continuous improvement mindset: identify opportunities to improve the way tasks are performed and information is presented.
|IDEX Health & Science|
State or Province