Zurich in North America is a part of Zurich Financial Services Group (Zurich), an insurance-based financial services provider with a global network of subsidiaries and offices in North America and Europe as well as in Asia Pacific, Latin America and other markets. Founded in 1872, the Group is headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland and employs approximately 60,000 people serving customers in more than 180 countries, including more than 9,500 employees in North America.
Zurich entered the U.S. market in 1912. According to Highline Data LLC (NAIC 2008), Zurich in North America (www.zurichna.com) is the second-largest writer of commercial general liability insurance and the fourth-largest commercial property-casualty insurance company, serving the global corporate, large corporate, middle market, specialties and programs sectors. Zurich's risk engineering services in the United States are provided by Zurich Services Corporation.
As an industry leader Zurich offers very competitive benefits options including a 401K savings plan with up to a 6% company match, incentives, career growth, paid time off, recognition for achievements and a challenging and rewarding work environment.
Working for Zurich will provide you with:
• The opportunity to be involved and work in a global organization
• The opportunity to work for the 2nd most-admired company in the P&C Industry
• The opportunity for advancement and growth in the US and internationally
Zurich Insurance is currently looking for a Contract Surety Underwriter for our Surety Division in our Boston office. We are looking for Contract Surety product experts and/or credit and risk analysts that have experience analyzing and evaluating public/private companies and financial/market trends. We are looking for someone with excellent market facing and technical skills.
Our Contract Surety Underwriter is responsible for:
1. Marketing Zurich's Surety products and services.
2. Developing, underwriting, and managing a portfolio of Surety business.
3. Managing the selection/denial of new and/or renewal business.
4. Developing and maintaining relationships with brokers and customers.
5. Developing, administering and monitoring complex underwriting rules and guidelines.
6. Investigating, recommending and leading product development efforts.
7. Leading and participating on project and key initiative teams.
8. Assures development and implementation of policy, procedures and standards to produce profitable underwriting results.
9. Significantly contributing to process improvement and technology innovation.
10. Working in close collaboration with other teams within Zurich, including risk management, operations and finance.
11. Addressing governance and regulatory compliance issues.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
1. 5+ years of related experience including Contract Surety and/or Credit and Risk Analysis.
2. Bachelor’s Degree Preferred.
3. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
4. Excellent credit analysis skills.
5. Strong negotiation skills.
6. Ability to effectively assess risk.
7. Ability to multi-task.
8. Ability to function in a team environment.
9. Possess knowledge of time restraints for quotes on new and renewal business.
10. PC literate.
11. Demonstrated technical knowledge and skills reflective of progression of positions of increasing responsibility.
12. Knowledge of time restraints for quotes on new and renewal business.
13. Must be able to function effectively in team environment.
14. In-depth knowledge of line/s of business and legal and regulatory guidelines.
15. Strong knowledge of underwriting philosophy, techniques, national/local filing regulations and guidelines.
16. Solid knowledge of processing methods and workflow procedures, and knowledge of insurance underwriting and regulations for assigned territories.
State or Province