|More than a promising technology, Joule is advancing a platform for renewable fuel and chemical production that is expected to eclipse the scale, productivity and cost efficiency of any known alternative to fossil fuel today.
The Team Leader (Analytical), reporting to the Director of Metabolic Engineering, will anchor a growing team of highly-engaged research associates whose collective task is to meet the many analytical needs of the biology and bioprocessing teams. The primary focus will be the effective and efficient quantitation of fuel and other chemical products in biological samples, although numerous smaller projects involving media components, metabolites, gases, etc. will emerge as well. The Team Leader will also be ultimately responsible for timely return of interpretable and well-organized results to members of the biology and bioprocessing teams.
• Lead a small but growing team of analytical research associates
• Develop and implement analytical methods in collaboration with team members
• Communicate effectively and frequently with biology and bioprocessing teams and ensure
their needs are met
• Evaluate new instruments and techniques to expand the team's capabilities
• Help analytical team members to learn and develop; review and advise reports regularly
• Be the foremost source of analytical expertise at the company
Candidates should have a PhD or MS degree in Analytical Chemistry or a related field and broad experience with mainstay analytical methods such as GC, HPLC, and spectrophotometry, especially with a biochemical emphasis. The successful candidate will have strong organizational and written/verbal communication skills, will have demonstrated the ability to lead effectively in a team environment, and will share Joule's passion for making energy independence a reality.
State or Province