Labor Market Info
Outreach & Teaching
Testing & Assessment
Trabaja en el Gobierno
Directorio del Servicio Nacional de Empleo
Working in Canada
Education & Training
Tech II, Corrosion
Basic Function: Designs, installs, monitors, and maintains cathodic protection systems and equipment used for corrosion control on gas distribution pipelines in the service area.
Representative Duties and Responsibilities:
• Designs, installs, monitors, and maintains cathodic protection systems used to mitigate corrosion on underground facilities (pipes and tanks) and above ground facilities (pipes on bridges).
• Conducts initial and periodic electrical surveys to verify and document levels of protection voltage throughout the system.
• Locates and evaluates problems in system or equipment; performs adjustments or repairs.
• Updates and maintains required records to document changes and ensure compliance.
• Specifies and designs installation of rectifiers, anodes, insulators, and related cathodic protection devices.
• Coordinates cathodic protection system installations or repairs performed by company and contractor personnel.
Disclaimer: This information describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this job. The description is not designed to be a comprehensive inventory of duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees in the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to qualified disabled individuals for performance of essential duties and responsibilities.
Education and Experience:
• Associates degree (AA) Electrical or Electronics or equivalent electrical training
• 1-3 years experience in cathodic protection and corrosion control
• 1-3 years gas pipeline experience
• Equivalent academic education and experience
• Ability to work independently without direct supervision
• Working knowledge of CISC, CPDM, GIS, CTS
• MS Excel – basic level of proficiency
• Use of tools and instruments for diagnostics in cathodic protection systems – advanced proficiency
• Operator Qualified in accordance with Company Plan
• State driver’s license
• National Association of Corrosion Engineers (NACE) certification
AGLR Success Factors:
Executing for Results
Collaboration and Building Relationships
Learning and Thinking
Industry Knowledge/Business Acumen
Honoring Corporate Values & Standards
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
•Exposure to various weather conditions
•Close proximity to heavy equipment
AGL Resources is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V.
State or Province
Terms and Conditions
©2000-2022 Candidate Seeker, Inc.
©1994-2022 Brolin Corporation