|DG Technologies specializes in the design and development of intelligent software and hardware protocol interface devices for the in-vehicle and controller area network markets.
JOB SUMMARY - Full-Time Salaried Position
To help close new business and grow existing business in a wide variety of customer accounts in conventional and new markets that DG products & services have application (i.e., commercial truck and automotive, civil and military government, agricultural, recreational vehicles, marine products and the medical device industry). Ensure that outcomes meet organizational goals and customer needs, and are in accordance with DG's sales objectives.
To be a Trainer for DG, for CAN, Flex-Ray and DG Specific products classes.
Oversee development of classes and aid in the sales of such classes.
Be a Product Manager for assigned DG product(s). This effort will require this individual to be responsible for everything about the product(s). Some of the items are: Manuals, CD's, content on web, flyers, sample applications, training of staff, continuous improvements in product, training of customers, labs designed around product etc.
The person in this role will be expected to travel approximately 30% of the time to meet with customer prospects and existing customers. (est. 15% air – 15% car)
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Work directly with Account Managers to help facilitate the sales and customization of DG products to meet customers’ requirements.
· Provide a bridge between the DG Engineering department and DG Account Manager and also assigned customers.
· Teach DG Sponsored training classes on CAN, Flex-Ray and DG Specific products.
· Be a Voice of the customer to DG and the engineering department.
· Develop detailed specification requirements documents for custom and future products
· Become the Product Manager for the Data-Logger and Gryphon products.
· Track all interactions with customers (prospective and existing) in customer database.
· Generate a weekly report of the previous week's activities, customer contacts (prospective and existing) and future actions to be taken.
· Coordinate and participate in regular weekly meetings for assigned managed products
· Maintain an up-to-date spreadsheet of assigned customer account status and product development/enhancement status
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Perform other duties as assigned.
· Five or more years of overall technical sales/sales engineering experience.
· One year minimum technical training experience
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Understanding of vehicle communication systems and protocols used in the heavy duty truck and automotive industry (CAN, J2534, etc).
· Understanding of basic DG technology or equivalent.
· Proven track record of personal customer account/sales success.
· Well developed verbal, written, presentation, PC office productivity, and people skills.
· Well organized, service minded, independent and self-motivated
· U.S. citizen or legal permission for continuous employment in the U.S.
· Experience in the commercial or military heavy truck or automotive vehicle industry.
· Affiliation with trade groups (i.e., TMC, NDIA, SAE, IEEE, etc.)
State or Province