This position will lead thermal modeling, characterization and drive high power LED substrate technology development to support multiple product platforms. The candidate should be able to use simulation tool to optimize designs and have good hands-on experience with commercial thermal testing equipment and understanding LED substrate technology such as ceramic engineering, MCPCB. The individual needs to be self-motivated, results driven, good at team work/communication, being able to own projects and lead all the way to successful delivery.
• Thermal modeling and high power substrate development.
• Work with partners to develop next generation substrate technology.
• Drive the substrate roadmap for the company.
• Develop thermal characterization setup that meets our development needs.
• Design DOE to test thermal performances of our products and/or prototypes.
• Design and carry out simulation DOE to optimize design or identify major factors for product / process development work.
• Be versatile, able to support other job junctions as needed, such as process development tasks. Willing to learn new things on the fly.
• Summarize results into crystal-clear reports and make concise/crisp presentations showing results/conclusions/recommendations.
• Communicate and work collaboratively within the group and across the company.
• MS with 5+ years of industry experience or with advanced degrees in mechanical engineering, material science, electrical eng, physics or chemistry major with relevant experience in thermal management of high density electronics.
• Familiarity with CAD tools (SolidWorks) and thermal simulation tools (CFdesign, Ansys etc.) is a must.
• Good understanding in various modes of heat transfer is a must.
• Knowledge in high power LED or semiconductor package is a strong plus.
• Knowledge of organic materials such as silicone / phosphor is a plus.
• Familiar with industrial thermal testing equipment and know how to set up equipment based on development needs.
• Proficient with data analysis and organizing/summarizing results.
• High level of dedication and commitment to produce good results.
• Good team work and communication skills.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature, and level, of the work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain, or be interpreted, as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required.
State or Province